What happens when we report a bug here?

PiR

Emperor
Supporter
Hi

I saw people saying they were opening tickets on 2K bug report platform.

Are the people at Firafix checking what we post here or should we open tickets on another platform?

Reactions: PiR
Thanks for your quick reply!
So once we've established a bug really exists in the forum, shouldn't someone say it's reported to Firaxis with a ticket number?
I feel like some bugs are repeated here but maybe never raised on the 2K platform.

So what's the point of even discussing the bugs here?

Helping Firaxis to fix them. They have fixed stuff reported here in the past (nearly each of the last updates contained something I reported here, like the bug with rockbands performing on defunctional districts or AI trading logic changes) - though not everything. They said they prefer reports on the 2k forum and I adjusted a few days ago. I'm now reporting each bug there, too...but only very brief and with a link to the forum here (reason: 2k forum doesn't easily allow uploading screenshots and saves). And the threads here have also another use: They allow other players to confirm reports, narrow down issues or detect false reports.

Helping Firaxis to fix them. They have fixed stuff reported here in the past (nearly each of the last updates contained something I reported here, like the bug with rockbands performing on defunctional districts or AI trading logic changes) - though not everything. They said they prefer reports on the 2k forum and I adjusted a few days ago. I'm now reporting each bug there, too...but only very brief and with a link to the forum here (reason: 2k forum doesn't easily allow uploading screenshots and saves). And the threads here have also another use: They allow other players to confirm reports, narrow down issues or detect false reports.

But the point is they don't fix them!
I have literally lost count of the number of PS4 Pro bugs I have sent in, both to Firaxis and via the PS4 crash report screen, and nothing ever gets done. All I ever get back is the routine 'clear your cache/reinstall the game/send us videos & screenshots' garbage that you cannot do from a PS4 unless you stand there with a camera pointing at the TV. 4 months on from the first time it happened I still cannot ever finish a game on the PS4 because of the constant crashing post turn 200+ that even though they have claimed have been 'fixed' in patch notes. It still happens, and my £90 plus quid for the console version is still unusable. Firaxis blame PlayStation who blame Firaxis, and round & round we go. The whole NFP has been one huge bugfest for me.

You seem to have very different opinions. :)

Well I tried anyway (I play on PC :p), I opened 5 tickets.

In the description, I just gave links to the forum, not to duplicate everything.

One ticket got:
"I don't see a description of the issue you have in the tickets you have created. Please give me a detailed description of the issue and I will happily assist you further."

All the others got:
I noticed that you created another ticket. I will merge this ticket with ticket #8305640 and answer you there.

So... I asked for all of them to be reopened and I spent time copying text & attachments from the forum. :sad:

But the point is they don't fix them!

I have never said that they fix all reported bugs; if you read my above statement carefully, I exactly conceded that. However, saying that the don't fix any of the bugs isn't correct. Maybe for the ones you reported (and I understand your frustration to a degree then), but not for my personal "bug collection" (I gave examples for this and I could even name more, like EXP scaling with game speed or HC units every time Byzanthium captured a ED, even if it is the same). I can't prove of course that (only) my reports caused this, but I see my saves getting downloaded. And I will continue reporting bugs because I see a use in it for the reasons I stated above.

Top Bottom