What have you achieved in 2015?

Kyriakos

Creator
Maybe 15 days too early to start this thread, but i see no harm...

As for me:

-Stabilised my skill as a lecturer/presenter of cultural programs
-Had a book published!
-Overall better mood

Not much else, though. Still need a stable salary, and i have to move to a better apartment as well cause the current one is very small..

On the negative side, i wrote much less this year. I hope in the near future i can achieve a better balance.

I finally got something of a real job after being a lazy student my whole life.

Moved out of my parents house, but then my roommates left me behind to move out of state so I had to move back.

Seems like the year is on the road to end on a depressing note, doesn't seem like things are looking to get any better either.

Left my old position and got a new one that should help with career progression. Alas, it's less intellectually interesting, so I may be looking again soon.

Have actually finished multiple books that were not assignment-based for the first year in way too long. Taking public transit and reading while doing so really helped with that.

I suppose those are the two largest accomplishments. Some more minor ones too, of course. Overall, I've been happy with how this year has gone, and it's been better than last year.

Gonna make $100,000 this year, first time. It's not really that big of a deal, mostly symbolic. Before we had a kid and my wife worked we made more combined.

Built a new house (by built I mean paid someone to build it, not with my own two hands mountain man stuff), then knocked the wife up again so the spare bedroom won't go to waste.

Now I just gotta lose 20 lbs and solve world hunger or something.

Made it to 79, if all goes well 2016 will be my 80th.

Wonder how long I'll last?;)

Me? Absolutely nothing

I got re employed after 8+ years of unemployment.

With my wife helped start Kadoo's here in the Philippines, a place for burgers and Chop Suey among other Philippine/Asian foods, and a bar featuring fresh fruit margaritas. Employing half a dozen people who needed a job. Three single mothers, one male head of household and 2 young ladies needing work. Think we're making a few pesos as well, particularly since we started charging to swim. We charge P30 for an adult. Bajang Springs (sp) charges P50, and Cliff Haven P200. So its a good deal particularly for what we spend in running the motor and chlorine. I think Cliff Haven uses chlorine as well. I'm just glad we're no longer carrying that cost out of burger sales as we were losing money. Maybe in December we'll raise it a bit as that starts busy season. For poor local folks we offer a significant break in the pool fee. I like the kids to be able to come swimming.

Thanks for the thumbs up Kyriakos! :embarrassed:

My daughter turned 5 still being nice and charming. My son will turn 12 in February still being a kindhearted good-soul thoughtful fellow underneath his developing teenager's spikes.

I think both count for my achievements, because, hey, whose are they otherwise? Neither "project" is any close to its final stage though. Lots of maintenance work ahead...

Swan my first 10 km water marathon. Next year i would like to cross the Gibraltar Strait, but it is way too expensive for my current finances.

Yeah Daw, hope we have half the good result. We're adopting 2 kids, brother and sister, currently 5 and 6. Our daughter, six, Abby, is a great student, head of her class. Our son had pneumonia and really bad distended stomach full of worms when we got him. More than $2000 later and a list of antibiotics as long as my arm he was free of these things but in short order got typhus. After all that he's left with lung problems that we hope are improving, but his mind had been a long time without proper nutrition. So we daily give him modern vitamins imported from the US, and we see improvement. He's now 5 years old and a real problem in school. Still we hold out hope, but how to punish a boy that went through hell before he was three? I have him sitting in a chair behind me in punishment for destroying a Christmas star in school today. If you pray, please pray for Auggy, our little boy, and Abby our six year old girl, and thanks. I'll pray for your daughter and son.

Auggy and Abby
I'm a non-believer, so I don't pray (also some part of me tells me that if there is someone almighty out there, then the omnipotence involves knowing everything without need for prays).

But I wish you and your kids all the luck in the world, I really do. Take good care of them, they deserve that more than anyone else because you are there for them and they rely on you.

I'm a non-believer, so I don't pray (also some part of me tells me that if there is someone almighty out there, then the omnipotence involves knowing everything without need for prays).

But I wish you and your kids all the luck in the world, I really do. Take good care of them, they deserve that more than anyone else because you are there for them and they rely on you.

Replied your PM Daw. :b:

Top Bottom