• Freedom

Votes: 16 7.5%
  • Order

Votes: 25 11.7%
  • Banana

Votes: 40 18.8%

• Total voters
Hahahaha okay lemme lay it down for ya

Just gonna go down the list in the civilopedia and pick out the ones I think are particularly strong

Cult of Personality: This and Dictatorship of the Proletariat are probably the two best tourism tenants in the game, and personally I'd give the edge to CoP (Autocracy even kinda counters DotP due to the ridiculous amounts of happiness you get). 50% is an enormous bonus, and its one that you can definitely expect to get against that culture runaway that I can guarantee you at least one other civ hates. I've had three separate culture games so far that by my guess would have been unwinnable if I had not picked up this tenant.

Fortified Borders: Maintenance free and puppets prioritize it. One of the reasons why Autocracy gets more happiness than anyone else, even during conquest, though Militarism is so incredible that even this is weak by comparison.

Industrial Espionage: I want to marry this tenant. It is just so damn beautiful. With Industrial Espionage you can keep stealing far into the Atomic Era with the same speed you expect from your Renaissance spies. You WILL catch up to an opponent with this tenant. If you never find yourself in a position where IE would be useful, you need to move up a difficulty. :p

Militarism: Let me put it this way: A Military Academy costs 300 hammers. A Stadium costs 500. Now, which one is the more efficient build/rush buy?

Mobilization: Since you can generally expect the world to go to hell in the Atomic Era, being able to cheaply buy new units without having to waste the turns to produce them is incredibly useful regardless of your victory condition. Combine it with Big Ben and you can have yourself a Most Serene Venetian Domination Victory. :crazyeye:

Third Alternative: Even if getting twice as many planes as normal doesn't appeal to you, just do the Russian thing and sell those resources for a pretty penny. A free hospital in the capital ain't too shabby either.

Total War: Planes that start with Air Repair. Planes that start with Air Repair.

This. Autocracy is the ideology I pick the most for all these reasons.

Cult of Personality has one more benefit you forgot to mention: it stacks with itself when you are at war with two or more common enemies. Civs that you would normally have to wipe out to influence can now be influenced through easy declarations of war, war bribes, and so on. If you aren't a paraiah, you'll find it quite useful.

As for Industrial Espionage, in my most recent game, I had a runaway Ashurbanipal with a gigantic tech lead from all his conquests, such that he had 8 more techs than the next highest. I stuck 3 spies in his most populated non-capitals (he had a counterspy in his capital) and I was stealing 3 technologies every 10 turns. I quickly eclipsed him in tech and managed to build a more advanced army than he had when he finally came knocking on my door. I was waiting for him with Air Repair Bombers and Range+ Battleships.

Top Bottom