what is game of demo

Peebo

Grand Poobah
hey this is my first time at this part of the forum, im really confused, what exactly is this 'game of democracy'?

We're all indirectly playing a single player game. We elect leaders (President, Domestic Advisor, Trade Advisor, Military Advisor, etc. There are also governors who rule over our provinces.), and we all give input on how the game should be played. The President does the actual playing. He/She has to listen to what everyone wants, however.

A Demogame.

Well, Let me explain it this way. When you play a normal gme you come across several points of decision. Where to place my 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 29th city? What tiles to improve firsta with how many workers? What to research next? And how fast? Do I delcare war, or not? Do I sign peace now or after I discover .... or not soon? Am I going to build a spearman or a granary ?

All those questions pop up here. But we discuss them and by vote we decide what to do.

Some votes are more important than others; for instance I am Domestic Leader now, do I get the deciding vote on Domestic issues like "how are we going to set the slifer?" and where to build a wonder/city/ place a province border. It's just like solo-civ except the choice you make are not yours, but Democratic.

The fun is the contact between the players. And you can learn a lot as manty of the players play differently from you, so they take actions that are unknown to you that they exist or are possible.

That's the demogame, hope you join.

Rik Meleet

Top Bottom