• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

What is that violet-white civ on the mini map down there?

I find it odd that his point had nothing to do with this, you say that you know his point had nothing to do with this, and you still went and posted this anyway. It makes absolutely no sense in this topic.

You've been around the forums since 2002 and you find it odd that people stray from topic from time to time? Huh.

VermelhoRed, yeah, I know. However, both are plausible colors and the purple and white has no clear overlap (the closest is purple and gold or blue and white, both are pretty far off). I can easily tell the cyan and yellow from Sweden and France, but I at least see the concern.

Yeah, I think purple is a wise choice for this reason. Very distinguishable

I just saw Featurette 2, and I noticed the rather dark purple/blue on a white background for Portugal - which obviously is a sea-faring naval empire. Then I realize that Firaxis' choice of cream and violet for the potential Venice civ is even more fitting. What I refer to is the psychology factor here: 2K have subliminally picked those colours, because Portugal and Venice have a number of things in common, e.g.:
-Mediterranean or near-Mediterranean coastal European nations
-Mid-2nd Millenium AD powers
-Seafarers, naval powers

By picking those colours, Firaxis are more or less saying they are two sides of the same coin.
In short, the colour choice of Portugal strengthen the case of Venice being in for purely psychological reasons, on a subconscious level. ;)

I just saw Featurette 2, and I noticed the rather dark purple/blue on a white background for Portugal - which obviously is a sea-faring naval empire. Then I realize that Firaxis' choice of cream and violet for the potential Venice civ is even more fitting. What I refer to is the psychology factor here: 2K have subliminally picked those colours, because Portugal and Venice have a number of things in common, e.g.:
-Mediterranean or near-Mediterranean coastal European nations
-Mid-2nd Millenium AD powers
-Seafarers, naval powers

By picking those colours, Firaxis are more or less saying they are two sides of the same coin.
In short, the colour choice of Portugal strengthen the case of Venice being in for purely psychological reasons, on a subconscious level. ;)

I think that's a bit of a stretch :undecide:

But wait, Carthage was also a Mediterranean naval power!!!

DeutschDachs, indeed it is, but like yourself mention, 2K/Firaxis have become mesmerized by blue/purple, and then preferably on a white background, for all naval powers in the Mediterranean:

Greece, France, Rome (Purple at least), Egypt (purple at least), Carthage, Byzantium. Wow! :D

Spain doesn't fit the bill, though.

Interestingly, if Venice would have gone for light blue and golden, they would have competed with France, Rome and Egypt, so picking violet and cream for them is the best compromise 2K can do while still clinging to their subconscious Mediterranean naval, or should I say navel, gazing.

But referring to what you claim to be in Dev subconscious is having little weight since everyone who aren't psychic will find it hard to believe, my fellow Menziesist.

Even your suggestion wouldn't diminish the Venice's chance. It's might make "opposition" attack on yours and Menzies strong theory.

DeutschDachs, indeed it is, but like yourself mention, 2K/Firaxis have become mesmerized by blue/purple, and then preferably on a white background, for all naval powers in the Mediterranean:

I think it's a coincidence. Plus, civs with some naval ability (Songhai, Spain, Korea, Denmark, Polynesia) don't fit the pattern. And, either way, by current theories, Venice is another exception. Plus, there are land powers that also fit the pattern (e.g., Siam), so it's not really universally applicable.

I would find it funny after all this speculation the violet and white civ was not Venice

I would find it funny after all this speculation the violet and white civ was not Venice

I think the color approach is not the best way to ID a possible civ, but there now seems little doubt that Venice is in fact the other European addition in BNW.

Could anyone find any practical color for any Native American tribe that might be included? I saw a Lakota flag and it's almost look like England's color.

To think of it... Shawnee now sound plausible.

Indeed..:

http://www.pcgamer.com/gallery/civi...ique-units-and-how-to-use-them/hussar-screen/

Read the comments. The Most Serene Republic seems to be in. :king:
Incarnal says:
05:31pm May 22 2013

Looks like a diverse bunch of civilizations. I also wonder how the older civs will be retooled to coexist with these new abilities.

So T.J. There's a unannounced civ that is your favorite? I must say, are they a real work of art?

T.J. Hafer says: <-- He is article's writer.
05:56pm May 22 2013

I can't say anything yet, unfortunately. We'll have all the most serene details as soon as we get the okay. ;)

Spoiler :

...... My god we've been wrong this whole time.

The Church of the Invisible Pink Unicorn? House Brax of Hornvale? Oh the possibilities!

Ahh yes. Such a majestic creature

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

...... My god we've been wrong this whole time.

...it's a perfect match!

The Most Serene Unicornian Empire confirmed! Pro Civ indeed.

Top Bottom