What is the best asian civ in civ4(srry i forgot to post a poll on my last thread)

what is the best asian civ????

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Khmers

Persia's Darius is arguably the strongest. Most players, regardless of skill level and play style, seem to worship Darius.

As far as personal preferences go, I'm pretty fond of Kublai Khan.

oops. I voted for ottomans but didnt read until persia. I change my vote to persia :D

Arguably they are the best Civ in the game i suppose. Their leaders are good too. Although I do think that Mehmedd Is probably the most efficient of all the leaders. This is due in large part to the awesomeness of the hammn.

Both Indians have great traits, and India's UU gets super-strong at quicker game speeds and tropical maps, but I haven't been able to find much use for the UB. It's just extra-strong at what's ultimately its secondary function. That doesn't keep me from vouching India.

"Best" is a vague term, though. If you consider civs where you walk in as a boy and emerge a man, Japan is the choice.

Persia under Darius wins hands down. Mehmed II is obviously a top tier leader so he also deserves a mention. Nations I don't really play that much but are good would be the Mongols and the Indians...

I do like the Khmer and the Sumerians as well. I honestly don't see the point in these polls but what the hey, +1.

Persia, and then the Indians. The fast workers are awesome. And Darius as the Persian leader is probably the best in the game. The early UU is awesome for conquering 2-3 capitals and then you can just REx out and get a huuuge tech lead.

Here's a question though, how come so many Asian leaders are protective?

Both Chinese ones, Korea, Japan, and Arabia.

Il go with Persia and Sumeria. Gilga is a monster in the hands on the A.I

India is my vote.

The UU is top class and the UB is quite good late for an espionage boost. Couple this with SPI and you can really mess up your opponents plans.

Good observation you made--the only thing with that is that Russia's most prominent eras were by the time it got westernized. Peter the Great (not the first prominent of the Russian rulers, but the earliest on CiV) was responsible for Russia's westernization--he even went to Western Europe to get to know the Western knowledge personally. Catherine mingled mainly with European aristocrats, not Middle Eastern, Indian or Far Eastern aristocrats; & the examples go on & on.

For practical purposes, Russia's role in History is more European than Asian, IMO.

Darn. I like playing as Saladin so voted Arabia. When I saw Persia I just thought of Cyrus but Darius is awesome.

I'm surprised to be the only one who voted Korea. I know that Protective isn't that great, and the Seowan is not that great, but it has to beat Japan! The Hwacha is just such an awesome UU, just look at the thing! Your firing Rockets at ancient archers! How is that not awesome?

I've never been overly fond of the Immortal, but Darius is truly awesome, and I think the Fast worker under Asoka is pretty nice. But jeez, Japan and Arabia are not better than Korea.

The Immortal kicks some serious ass. In my current game as Cyrus, I wiped out 2 1/2 civs (one of them had a city on an island and i didn't have naval power to get at him :crazyeye:) and carved out a huge swath of territory. Even later when obsolete, immortals helped me conquer some territory on a lonely continent.

Top Bottom