[BTS] What is the best way to install BUG/BAT/BULL for multiplayer games?

SaintSaens_Op61

Chieftain
Hello,

I would like to install BUG/BAT/BULL for my single-player games. However, I would also like to play multiplayer. Does BUG/BAT/BULL work fine with multiplayer if all players have the same version installed? If BUG/BAT/BULL isn't optimal for multiplayer, is there a way to install it as a loadable mod, so that I can choose when I use it? (I.e., could I play multiplayer normally, but then load the BUG/BAT/BULL mod when I play single player?)

Thanks in advance for the help.:thanx:

I am not an author but I have used all three. You can install each of them as a mod and start that up as single player. BULL includes BUG in it. If I recall correctly, BAT includes BULL. So if you want all three install BAT as a mod and play that single player. Since it is not installed in CustomAssets, you can start CIV with no mod for multiplayer.

I am not an author but I have used all three. You can install each of them as a mod and start that up as single player. BULL includes BUG in it. If I recall correctly, BAT includes BULL. So if you want all three install BAT as a mod and play that single player. Since it is not installed in CustomAssets, you can start CIV with no mod for multiplayer.
Thanks for the help, I'll try that.

Note that BAT does not work in multiplayer. It never has and we don't know why.

Note that BAT does not work in multiplayer. It never has and we don't know why.
I was able to install BAT as a mod so that I can choose when to load it. Thanks for the help guys!

Spoiler :

When I started my first game with BAT, these error messages came up. Is this a problem? Everything seems to work fine.
2020-08-08.png

It's a problem. BAT can't write to the Program Files (x86) folder without running the game as Administrator. Even then it doesn't always work.

You have to install BAT in the following folder:

%(Your User Name)%\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\Mods

If you are using Steam, you usually need to have an extra Beyond the Sword in there, like this:

%(Your User Name)%\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods

You should also run the game with elevated privilege ==> That means "Run as Administrator" to get around the write-lock and not being able to create the "ini" files that you see in your screenie.

If you are using Steam, the installer won't work so download the zip file and unzip it to the folder that I indicated above.

Then, when you load BTS, you can then choose to load the BAT Mod as a mod like normal. Easy peasy. :)

Last edited:
Thanks! I'm not using Steam, so I'll try Running as Administrator.

Make sure to move your install to \Documents\My Games\... as I said above.

Top Bottom