What is the easiest scenario to win on deity?

For Path to Nirvana I personally like Tibet (Tufan). China will not go after you very much, the western pass is 1 tile so place an inquisitor-priest there. get a few more units to defend the southern pass then have a happy time setting buildings, districts, trade routes, and wonders. once wonders are in place prepare the monk armies to go after india and china.

I think that with Alexander they went a little bit too far. You have three factors against you - the standard Deity bonuses of the AI (especially in combat), extremely low number of turns (forces you to rush like crazy and conquer I think almost one city per turn) and you have to build/buy quite a lot of settlers (was it 12?) and found cities with them, which also takes a lot of time and you can actually lose just by not being able to move the last settler to a suitable tile in time.
I don't understand why did they have to put the city founding part to the conditions.
As I said, I don't have this one, it's my only missing achievement from all scenarious, and I'm not going to give it another try, because it's really tedious for me and not fun at all - and fun is what games should be about ;)

I don't really remember Path to Nirvana, but I'm sure I got it on deity on the first try (I mean first try on deity, before that I finished it as the other sides on lower diffs).
Nubia wasn't hard either and regardless what others said here, I think I won it on Deity as Egypt and I didn't really see any additional problems (maybe I was just lucky).
Vikings was quite easy with the right civ. I don't remember which one it was, but it was the closest to the British Isles (but not the one that starts on the europian main continent). And I got much more points than I needed.
Poland was also very easy, again with the right civ. This time you must pick the one that is closest to the city states that you must protect. Because that allows you to concentrate your units in one area.

In the end, I was really surprised how easy most of the Deity scenarious were, compared to Alexander.

Last edited:
Nubia wasn't hard either and regardless what others said here, I think I won it on Deity as Egypt and I didn't really see any additional problems (maybe I was just lucky).
Or maybe I was just unlucky. I only tried once as Egypt on Deity, and as I remember, I couldn't concentrate that much on Nubia and getting Holy Sites, because the invasions from the north needed a lot of attention. I'm not even sure, maybe I would have succeeded if I kept on playing... but iirc I just decided to switch tags and win it with Nubia.

Last edited:
Or maybe I was just unlucky. I only tried once as Egypt on Deity, and as I remember, I couldn't concentrate that much on Nubia and getting Holy Sites, because the invasions from the north needed a lot of attention. I'm not even sure, maybe I would have succeeded if I kept on playing... but iirc I just decided to switch tags and win it with Nubia.
Yea, I think the game mentioned somewhere that I'll have to deal with some threat from the north, but if I remember correctly, nothing really happened :)

Thanks for that! Any particular factions with a special bonus on this (I.e. Starting near lots of forest)?
I got >1000gpt using Queensland and settling on the northern coast, but I don't see why it shouldn't be doable with any faction - just use your first few turns to locate some areas with plenty of forest and try not to compete with the other factions too much for land as that will cramp your potential chopping areas.

Yea, I think the game mentioned somewhere that I'll have to deal with some threat from the north, but if I remember correctly, nothing really happened :)
How many turns did it take for you? The first invasion arrives on turn 25 (out of 60) so if you finished before that (by either path) you won't see a thing

A tip for anyone going for the Deity Alexander achievement: you don’t actually need to beat the scenario on Deity, only within the Deity time limit of 37 turns. I did it on Settler that way, though that’s still a pretty strict deadline.

A tip for anyone going for the Deity Alexander achievement: you don’t actually need to beat the scenario on Deity, only within the Deity time limit of 37 turns. I did it on Settler that way, though that’s still a pretty strict deadline.
Is that still the case? I seem to recall that some bug with the achievement was fixed at some point.

Finished off the Vikings achievements with a win as Harald on deity. Even captured Paris on the final turn. :cool:

Only 14 to go (9 scenario-related). I won't finish before GS comes out, but should be able to knock out a few more.

Got a path to nirvana deity win as Islam. But missed the Potala palace by a few turns, so will need to play again. At least there are several religions I haven't tried yet so it won't be boring. Taoism had the lead most of the game, taking most of the eastern half of the map except Indonesia by turn 40, while I had most of the western half.

Is Jadwiga's legacy easier on deity than on lower levels? The numbers of invading units seem similar (i just completed a warlord and then a deity game), but your allies and the city states seem to be able to defend themselves better on deity (Gdansk wasn't even conquered in my deity game, but was every time I didn't play deity).

I can give details on the different games I've played if you're curious. I'm just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience.

Is Jadwiga's legacy easier on deity than on lower levels? The numbers of invading units seem similar (i just completed a warlord and then a deity game), but your allies and the city states seem to be able to defend themselves better on deity (Gdansk wasn't even conquered in my deity game, but was every time I didn't play deity).

I can give details on the different games I've played if you're curious. I'm just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience.
That was my impression as well.

Just completed what seemed an incredibly easy win of Gifts of the Nile as Cleo on deity.

For some reason, Amanitore never declared on me, despite clearly having more units. She denounced my filth several times, but never declared war. Score-wise we were neck-and-neck throughout the game, but I captured the two nearest military city states with my mercenary pitati archers in the first few turns of the game and prioritized getting four settlers, so she still didn't have seven cities by the time I completed my seventh temple. By maximizing faith, I won just after the Persian invasion was announced (around turn 80, I think). The northern city states managed to keep most of the earlier invasions at bay; only one of them was defeated, and only a few units made it close to me.

I have a feeling that winning conquests of Alexander at deity will not be nearly so easy, if I can do it at all...

Managed to squeak out a Deity win on Paths to Nirvana as the Cholo(?). It was a close thing though, China produced over 500 faith per turn which put them in the lead until the last 3 or so turns, when my push to convert cities finally pushed me over the edge. Managed to convert 3 other Holy Cities too, glad to nab that achievement :satan:

I’m actually playing Path to Nirvana and wanted to accomplish the achievements as well on deity. Man, it is hard but lots of fun. I truly enjoy it. Weren’t able to build the three wonders, got only two. Has anyone done this plus get the two other achievements? Build the three wonders and convert 3 Holy Sites?
Yes, I actually got all three of those accomplishments in the same game. But I didn't create a Save game file. This was well over a year ago. I seem to remember though that I did it as the Khmer.

Alexander was definitely the most difficult. After half a dozen attempts, I finally won Deity in 37 turns. But I was really upset to learn I didn't get the Achievement. It was only then that I was told in a forum here that you have to build a dozen settlers and found those cities before taking every other city by the 37th turn. That doesn't show up in the scenario description.

A couple of months ago, I finally induced my former ally Cleopatra to declare war on me. "Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal" was my final Achievement. Gotta get'em all!

Yes, I actually got all three of those accomplishments in the same game. But I didn't create a Save game file. This was well over a year ago. I seem to remember though that I did it as the Khmer.

Alexander was definitely the most difficult. After half a dozen attempts, I finally won Deity in 37 turns. But I was really upset to learn I didn't get the Achievement. It was only then that I was told in a forum here that you have to build a dozen settlers and found those cities before taking every other city by the 37th turn. That doesn't show up in the scenario description.

A couple of months ago, I finally induced my former ally Cleopatra to declare war on me. "Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal" was my final Achievement. Gotta get'em all!

I was able to finish Path to Nirvana and get all the achievements in one game also. It was really fun,

Conquests of Alexander is still pending for me. I tried it twice and I hope I get it one of these days although I’m thinking that I’ll have to try it a few more times as well. But i appreciate the tip very much. Thanks!

So you got all the Vanilla and R&F achievements? That’s awesome. Well, more are on the way.

I was able to finish Path to Nirvana and get all the achievements in one game also. It was really fun,

Conquests of Alexander is still pending for me. I tried it twice and I hope I get it one of these days although I’m thinking that I’ll have to try it a few more times as well. But i appreciate the tip very much. Thanks!

So you got all the Vanilla and R&F achievements? That’s awesome. Well, more are on the way.
Yes, after playing and winning R&F as each new civ and leader, I started working on Achievements. Admittedly I would set up games with specific civs or start eras to make some of them easier to win. But I did eventually get all of them. Some of the new Achievements look like they will depend on a lot of luck (or bad luck in the case of three disasters on the same tile).

Yes, after playing and winning R&F as each new civ and leader, I started working on Achievements. Admittedly I would set up games with specific civs or start eras to make some of them easier to win. But I did eventually get all of them. Some of the new Achievements look like they will depend on a lot of luck (or bad luck in the case of three disasters on the same tile).

I would’ve liked to be finished like you. I guess a year wasn’t enough. I enjoy achievements, but looking back I didn’t concentrate on them for some reason.

I do that too—setting up games—to have a better chance or the right conditions to get the achievements. Otherwise many would never get done. I had three games going these past weeks and managed to finish them all finally last night, which allowed me to get six more. But with the new ones now, I’ll have 91 to go and I don’t think I’ll be able to get more before GS.

I know what you mean. For example, with One does not simply walk into Ngauruhoe, I guess one has to plan to play the Maori a few times ever hoping. The good thing is I don’t mind playing them though. Kupe looks loads of fun.

Just finished the last of the achievements I had left - 'You're Demonstrably the Greatest'. Man, that one is fiddly! Finished comfortably on turn 36 in the end, though could have won on turn 35 if I had bought one less hetairoi before starting to save up for settlers... Feels good to have got it done before GS on Thursday.

Just finished the last of the achievements I had left - 'You're Demonstrably the Greatest'. Man, that one is fiddly! Finished comfortably on turn 36 in the end, though could have won on turn 35 if I had bought one less hetairoi before starting to save up for settlers... Feels good to have got it done before GS on Thursday.
Congrats! That's one of the four non-GS achievements I have left. But I'm currently too impatient to get my hands on the new civs to play any more scenarios....

Top Bottom