1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

What level do you play at?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Demo Game IV: Polls' started by BCLG100, Apr 8, 2008.

?

Which Level?

1. Settler

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Chieftain

5.0%
  3. Warlord

7.5%
  4. Noble

17.5%
  5. Prince

30.0%
  6. Monarch

25.0%
  7. Emperor

2.5%
  8. Immortal

12.5%
  9. Deity

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Seidrik_The_Gray

Seidrik_The_Gray Seidrik The Gray

When I want a real challenge I load a game with the RevolutionDCM mod and start on a large map with only a handful of preset civs, raging barbs and aggressive AI...It effectively adds at least two levels to the difficulty setting. You don't play that game to win, but survival usually means winning, lol.

2. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

Thats ridiculous if you do play immortal you'd notice for the majority of the game your score is last or second to last. That is often still with early wars and an outstanding economy.

3. Badhron

Badhron Warlord

I play chieftain but will be moving to warlord next game. I could probably play noble but i've never gotten around to it.

4. IamJohn

IamJohn (was)?

If I had the time to play often enough I'd be at monarch. As it is though I don't have nearly enough time to play, and only get through 1 game per week or so, sometimes longer.

5. Duke Blackstone

Duke Blackstone John Marchman

Useualy monarch, sometimes emperor for me. :) I tried deity in a few diff. ways and basicly got my ass handed to me in the first 50-60 turns. :( last place is no fun

6. Duke Blackstone

Duke Blackstone John Marchman

P.S. Haha I wish Cid would come up with a diff. level where you could play against Deity intellect with noble start, production, exc... I wonder if I could beat it

7. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

There is, its called noble. The AI don't really get any smarter they just get more bonuses as the levels go up- more settlers and workers to start, cheaper tech, cheaper upgrades etc.

8. blastoidstalker

blastoidstalker The Geographer

The result of these bonuses at higher levels is that the AI can be more agreesive, making it appear smarter. It still makes the same dumb mistakes, but its stronger economy makes these for forgivable.