What level do you play at?

Which Level?

• Total voters

BCLG100

Music Master
Well im just curious and didn't want to interrupt all the role playing going on in the citizens forum. I'm not doing this to influence opinion but am curious as to how many players regularly play at monarch or for how many this will be a new experience (tech speed and AI bonuses etc).

I mean regularly btw guys, im sure everyone manages to win some games at the levels above but where you win say 75% of the time? Whilst im also quite sure not everyone plays tonnes of SP anymore, i for instance rarely do- generally play MP. So just whatever level you feel comfortable with :)

Just a list here
Settler
Chieftain
Warlord
Noble
Prince
Monarch
Emperor
Immortal
Deity

Prince, pushing for Monarch atm. That said, I am not comfortable enough on Prince to win 75% since I mostly play for fun, LAN, and all random leader/civs, so I often end up with one of the bad civs (gotta hate Ramesses, Stalin, Izzy etc...!)

Prince, pushing for Monarch atm. That said, I am not comfortable enough on Prince to win 75% since I mostly play for fun, LAN, and all random leader/civs, so I often end up with one of the bad civs (gotta hate Ramesses, Stalin, Izzy etc...!)

From what i can remember prince to monarch was the hardest bridge to gap, you go from the AI not getting much to a lot bigger advantage at the start which they then maintain throughout the game, the trick when playing MP (least i find) is to make at least 1 ally for the rest of the game and then hope yours two is the strongest!

I also forgot to vote before i left... :blush:

Same as DiamondEye, except I love playing Izzy!

I used to play Monarch, but I was iffy at best at it and with all the new and improved BtS AI and stuff, I've moved back down to Prince, where I can win probably 80% of the time.

The reason I don't really favor Izzy is her Exp trait and underpowered UU. Not that I directly detest her, I just find her one of the hardest to play since I nearly never go for an early religion (seems like I won't get to this in this game either :rolleyes:)

I win alot on Prince, so I just moved on to Monarch. I'm not far enough in my latest game to say if its alot more difficult.

Currently Prince, but I'm strongly considering advancing to Monarch.

Sigh...sigh...siiiiiggghhhh...hyper-noob sigh...chieftain :(

are you serious pat123? maybe you should take a look at the strategy fora? Or just try a Prince game for fun.

Comfortable at monarch, win about 50% of the time on Emperor.

Can win regulary at Prince, if i try, but i usally play for fun at noble.

I'm going through a phase now...a player evolution perhaps, where I'm learning to win on Monarch with the less popular civs. So, I may be moving on to Emperor soon. I've tried a few games there, but still have some bad habbits to work out of my game play. For example, I'm finding that unless a wonder is crucial to my strategy or has great synergies with my civ traits, then I'm ignoring them left and right, lol. In Prince I could reliably build them all. On Monarch, on Epic, I could build almost all of them, but on Emperor, and even now adays on Monarch, I nearly ignore them.

By the way, I have a fun game on Monarch now in the Early Medieval ages as Stalin...I'm spreading out like a maniac, tech down around 40%, lol, and in the number 2 position. My economy is improving though, so I'll need to spread out some more soon, muahahaha

I recently made the push up to immortal recently and have won a couple and lost some as well. I almost always win on Emporer and below. I tend to mostly play GOTM's which gives me experience at a variety of levels (and you learn alot from the posts).

I won quickest diplomatic in BOTM #3 :)

I like playing monarch and above beacause the AI's get strong enougth to differentiate more. Weak civs will fall to the stronger AI civ's maing a more interesting game outside of my realm of influence.

Have been playing noble for a while but just recently started to play prince, have got one game going well :s

Also I never tend to go for victories, I just tend to sit back convinced my civ is the best around.

After playing about 70 turns on Monarch I must conclude that...

I suck donkeyballs.

Even with 18 civs I have the lowest score most of the time. :S maybe this will change later on in the game... On Prince I used to rise to power during mid-game and became number 1 by the industrial age.

But whatever, I like being eaten by AI's, its not fun to win!

Score means nothing before 2050 AD

Score means nothing if you disable Time Victory ;).

Speak for yourself. I don't like losing, and if my score dips below 5th, I'd resign.

I did speak for myself.

Btw, if my score was the highest all the time I would resign because I get bored of the prospect that I will probably win without breaking a sweat.

Top Bottom