What Shall Be The Temperature?

Cyc

Looking for the door...
Again, I'm starting a discussion on an option few of us think about unless we're bored. Let's make official our choice of Temperature. Please select one of the following choices. Keep in mind that if you choose Random here, you must choose Random for the Climate and the Age selections, as all three fall under the same Random button.

Warm
Temperate
Cool
Random

I vote for Temperate.

Random.

I agree with Rik and Ek here, and vote Random. We don't want to have too much of a hand in our Creation Day, do we? ;)

Random...I like the unknown...

@ Inter32 ~ Please note that in choosing the random option for Temperature, you'll also be choosing random for Climate and Planet Age. This means you could possibly set yourself up with a 3 Billion year old Planet. mmmmm Mostly Mountains....

I've gotta go with Warm. A cold terrian makes to many tundra squares, pratically useless. Meanwhile a Warm temperature helps with the jungle growth, a bundersome at the start of the game, but it has wonderful grassland underneath.

I would vote for cold temperature seeing most of us are now experiencing cold winter weather, there would be no crime in experiencing the same conditions in the the game.

:)
ive got to vote for temperate as this gives us the option to decide on planet age and climate which i would also pick the middle one for as this would give us most variation.

Originally posted by r4ge
I would vote for cold temperature seeing most of us are now experiencing cold winter weather, there would be no crime in experiencing the same conditions in the the game.

May I point out that by time this game is over it will about to start becoming winter again.

Hmmm – we either go random on all these terrain settings or we pick our environment.

That is really the question – what is better for the demogame, random so that it is a surprise, or preselected to try and maximise participation opportunities (it’s like the decision concerning land mass and water coverage) do we want to risk ending up with a map that is all mountains and tundra for example.

I might be simpler to make the random/preselected decision first.

PS: I would go for warm or possibly temperate here – we’re industrious, so clearing that jungle won’t be too bad!

I still say let's pick our environment. Let's maximize our opportunities. Besides, Mr. Random (Ek) now says he won't have enough time to participate.

This poll is closed. We have chosen a Temperature of Temperate.

Top Bottom