1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

What to do with Poly?

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Multi-site Demo Game: High Council' started by Ankka, Jan 3, 2005.

?

What to do with Apolyton???

Poll closed Jan 7, 2005.
  1. End the game.

42.9%
  2. Disband Apolyton's empire and let the game continue to run it's course.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Divide Poly.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Form a new team to play as Poly.

57.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

Apolyton has been holding the save for a fortnight now. They recieved the save from CGN (or CGN sent it to them, at least) on December the 20th. We still haven't seen a save.

Because of this, Micealis Rex posted this at the UN:

So, express your views and vote on the poll.

Oh, here's the UN thread: http://www.cdgroup.org/forums/site/mpm/viewtopic.php?p=2662#2662

And GWT team member bongo noted that we have a golden age. Cool. :yeah:

2. Yndy

Yndy Chieftain

Voted for a new team to be formed. Breaking all the Poly accomplished doesn't seem like a good idea to me. We should ask some of the teams in the other ISDG to take over. (probably not C3B but how about CDZ?).

Alternatively, just end the game, interest is low on our side as well.

3. Emp.Napoleon

Emp.Napoleon SUPER EMP!

We must reform a team. If we split the land we lose. We need APO to live, so no matter what it will be ahrd. But I still say we should merge with them and claim a spacerace victory. We could block all of our tiles, and last a while. That is our only hope. The combined team would be active enough.

4. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

IMHO we could just end the game as this isn't really interesting with what, 5 "active" members. No thanks.

Let's just give it a nice burial. I don't really have the energy to continue this...

5. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

We could cast our team vote for disbanding Poly and then try to settler rush their former territory, given the spatial advantage... :rolleyes:

Of course there is no way that would fly with the other survivors, so the most likely outcome is the game ends, either with GWT claiming victory or not. :(

6. RegentMan

RegentMan Chieftain

I'm torn. I want to see what happens when GWT lands on our shores. I want to see the battle for our homeland. On the other hand, I just don't want to wait that long. This game has lost my interest. Where's the "Give Apolyton to CFC" option? :mischief: And since seeing others divide up Apolyton won't fly with me, the remaining option of allowing another groups of players might work too. However, that option will alter the CFC-Apolyton alliance forever. We will never have the same level of partnership with them again. Think this decision over. It's a very important one. I haven't decided yet.

7. Yndy

Yndy Chieftain

I hope the three of you who wrote comments but did not vote will make up their mind eventually.

Edit: Poly has sent us the save, I will play tonight if it's OK with you Ankka.

8. RegentMan

RegentMan Chieftain

Well, this was fun, wasn't it? ;)

9. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

It's ok, feel free to play, Yndy. I was hoping you would. ;)

The problem in giving Poly to CFC would be that we don't get the units... it would be a little vulnerable to a GWT attack... ;)

On the other hand, we could have just be given Poly's password. :yeah:

10. Octavian X

Octavian X is not a pipe.

I'd rather see a new 'team' take over for 'poly, really. We don't really benefit from having it disbanded (as it opens up land for other teams), or split up (as the other teams will still get a slice).

11. Black_Hole

Black_Hole Chieftain

if you guys notice from this poll that participation is extremely low. I didnt vote since im not an active citizen, but this just shows that you should just end the game.

12. RegentMan

RegentMan Chieftain

I didn't vote for reasons my post stated. I was waiting for someone to woo me over to one of the three sides that I was considering. Still am waiting, everyone... ;)

13. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

Well, as Apolyton played the save, this poll is useless. I ask for this to be closed.

Although I would be willing to end this game, because:

• The game is moving slower than a moose in tar
    • Participance is low.
    • It will take ages before anything happens
    • I don't have the energy to continue this
    • Isn't that enough?

Some guy from Poly was saying they're low on participating too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.