What would be your choice a second leader?

I am pretty sure Firaxis will not repeat the mistake from Civ II.
Civ II got away with fictional female leaders, mainly because Wikipedia didn't exist at launch to fact-check the Civlopedia entries.

Firaxis can't pull that trick anymore, thanks to the likes of Wikipedia.

Civ II got away with fictional female leaders, mainly because Wikipedia didn't exist at launch to fact-check the Civlopedia entries.

Firaxis can't pull that trick anymore, thanks to the likes of Wikipedia.
Civ II got away back than because not many people really cared too much back then. I don't think you need Wikipedia to know that Scheherazade was not a ruler of Persia, for example.

And by the way, there were no Civilopedia entries on civs or leaders back then. Civilopedia entries on civs appeared in Civ III, and entries on leaders only in Civ IV.

#1 Germany:
I don't have a preference over any German / Holy Roman historical figures, I just want this ULA as Germany
ULA: Doubles district bonuses gained from City States (at 3 and 6 envoys)
(maybe double bonus from 1 envoy too, but it seems a bit "luck" based--.. imagine meeting 3-4 city states first in the ancient era)

The new feature in VI I'm most exited about is districts. Germany has a nice ability to build an extra district, and a great Hansa district, but I don't feel like Barbarossa's ULA takes good advantage of them. Also this leader would be the spiritual opposite of his/her red bearded counterpart :D

America needs its top 3.

George Washington
Unique Leader ability: The Father of the Nation - +10 combat strength when fighting within American cultural borders, garrisoned units do not require upkeep, and can build the Minuteman unit which is a replacement of the Musketman which moves through all terrain at 1 movement and costs nothing to upkeep. (I initially thought that garrisoned units could provide +1 amenity, but that's too powerful early. Thoughts?)

Leader Agenda: Faith and Justice towards all nations - Greatly dislikes warmongers and aggressive behavior (i.e. demanding tribute), but all penalties reset at double the speed.

Abraham Lincoln
Unique Leader ability: Shall not perish from the earth - Every time an American corps or army is destroyed a new unit of the type incorporated spawns near the capital. Earns great generals in half the time.

Leader Agenda: A House Divided - Hates civs who have occupied or razed American cities and will progressively decrease in relations until the city is returned. Likes civs who liberate cities.

Franklin Delano Roosevelt
Unique Leader ability: The New Deal - All builders receive an additional charge; Unit, district, and building upkeep reduced by 10%

Leader Agenda
: Arsenal of Democracy - Likes Classical Republics, Merchant Republics, and Democracies and will support them in wars against civs with other government forms; Dislikes all other governments (progressively worse by era)

Stalin
Leader Ability: Five-Year Plan. +20% production bonus when a city builds the same unit multiple times in a row (like the "gearing bonus" from some Firaxis games). Can build the T-34 unique unit. Compared to the Tank, which it replaces, the T-34 is cheaper, has +5 combat strength when defending, and does not require Oil.

Leader Agenda: Soviet Bloc. Hates neighboring Civs that have a different government type.

Hitler
Leader Ability: Blitzkrieg. Combat units receive +10 strength the first turn after declaring an offensive war, decreasing by 1 each turn (so +9 on the second turn of the war, +8 on the third, etc). Armor units receive +1 movement. Can build the Stuka Dive Bomber unique unit. Compared to the bomber, which it replaces, -10 strength against other air units but +10 strength against land units and ships. Does not require Oil.

Leader Agenda: Lebensraum. Hates Civs that have cities on his starting continent.

Alexander the Great
Leader Ability: The Glory That Was Greece. One-time Culture bonus upon founding or capturing a city on a new continent (scales with era and game speed). Can build the Companion Cavalry unique unit. Compared to the Horseman, which it replaces, +10 strength when attacking a unit in open terrain. Does not require Horses.

Leader Agenda: To The Strongest. Likes to fight Civs that have a strong military (to prove his mettle!)

Hadrian
Leader Ability: The Traveling Emperor. No escalating cost for building many copies of the same district. Religious and cultural buildings provide extra amenities in non-Capital cities.

Leader Agenda: The Greekling. Likes Civs who have a high culture output, so long as those Civs also have a small military.

Diocletian
Leader Ability: Tetrarchy. May construct Palaces in three further cities in addition to the Capital. Any bonuses that apply to the Capital (from the God-King policy or the Autocracy government, e.g.) applies to any city with a Palace.

Leader Agenda: Zeus's Glory. Will like Civs that accede to his tribute demands.

Last edited:
What about a second leader for the Roman Empire

Julia Agrippina was the mother of Nero and maybe poisoner of her husband the emperor Claudius.

Capital: CCAA for Colonia Claudia Ara Agrippinensium

LUA: Intrigue and poison - Researching Drama and Poetry yields an additional spy. Here warmongering penalty is reduced.
HA: Agrippina the Younger - Does not like people who are almost as powerful as herself.

She would be nice stepmother empress:evil:

Rome: Diocletian
Leader Ability: Tetrarchy (see Caius's post above, that's exactly what I was just thinking about)
Capital: Rome

America: Thomas Jefferson
Leader Ability: Louisiana Purchase (special Great Person ability to purchase a large area of unclaimed territory)
Capital: Washington

India: Chandragupta Maurya
Leader Ability: Mantriparishad (all governmental policies are wild card policies instead of being divided between military, economic, and diplomatic)
Capital: Pataliputra

England: Edward the Confessor
Leader Ability: Westminster (increased capital production of holy sites and religious buildings)
Capital: London

Rome: Diocletian
Leader Ability: Tetrarchy (see Caius's post above, that's exactly what I was just thinking about)
Capital: Rome

America: Thomas Jefferson
Leader Ability: Louisiana Purchase (special Great Person ability to purchase a large area of unclaimed territory)
Capital: Washington

India: Chandragupta Maurya
Leader Ability: Mantriparishad (all governmental policies are wild card policies instead of being divided between military, economic, and diplomatic)
Capital: Pataliputra

England: Edward the Confessor
Leader Ability: Westminster (increased capital production of holy sites and religious buildings)
Capital: London

Glad you like my Diocletian idea. Now that I think about it, I would also add something where cities with Palaces grant bonuses (probably bonus amenities?) to cities within 6 tiles. That would encourage you to spread your four capital sites to four different corners of the empire, rather than just putting down Palaces in your first four cities.

I enjoy your Chandragupta suggestion. The idea of being able to stack like eight or nine military policies in the late game is pretty fun.

United States: Franklin Pierce
LUA: Gadsden Purchase (able to purchase adjacent tiles from another civ or city state directly bordering the United States)
Can't think of an appropriate agenda

When Mousing over Victoria in the leader selection it says that only Victoria gets the Red Coats unit for England. I thought that was something interesting to say, and with Gorgo, we already know that Civ 6 will feature multi-leaders, so this must mean that England will get a second leader, but the question is who?

EDIT: Thank you Mod, for moving this comment, but some editing on my half has to be done to keep this post from looking ******ed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom