What would happen if REF ?

What would happen if REF ?

Wins and take over the cities or stop their landings?
all but impossible to stop REF landings due to REF naval superiority

ideally you beat them all back on the shore every time they land, but if not use your cannons to retake your settlements if you lose any

I've been playing for a couple weeks now. Every time I played, I just ran out of turns. I would declare independence and kill all of the REF that showed up on shore, but in the end, I never had enough time.

The two times that I have won, I've done by building a big empire and pumping out the ships. Killing the King's navy isn't that hard if you start the RWI with enough boats. Once he's out of ships, the game is over.

After the MOW dumps his people onto the ground, they like to hang out for a few turns around your cities before they return to Europe. I keep three SOLs in a city likely to be attached. When the MOW shows up, I attack it from inside the city with my SOL. I will usually lose one or two SOLs, but the third will always win. When you kill a MOW for the first time, your SOL gets two upgrades. Killing another will usually give you another. I give them Skirmish I, Skirmish II, and Veteran. With this awesome ship, you can attack with the MOW, likely win or escape, and you can finish off the MOW with a frigate.

Welcome to the Forums fromar. :beer:

I beat the REF by only having 2 cities, Quebec & Montreal. I didn't even have a navy, just two caravels (that were instantly sunk). I left Quebec lightly defended with maybe 7 soldiers, it was overrun. The remaining REF force landed after that...I easily ambushed them wiping them out, then attacked Quebec & retook the city taking out the remaining REF. The battle part of the game for me lasted from about 1730 to 1778. If you are new at the game, just build two cities & micromanage them, you'll learn more than having a bunch of cities.

Top Bottom