What would your DLC Civ pack look like.

But now that you mention it, I forgot the heir-apparent is prince of Wales.

That is entirely due to a bit of political slight-of-hand by Edward Longshanks. The Anglocentrics may refuse to acknowledge it, but there were independent Welsh rulers for a good 700 years before Edward conquered them, and you could also argue that the Tudor dynasty was not English at all, but Welsh: when your founding member is Owain Tydyr you have to have logic as twisty as a break-dancing snake to call it 'English'!

Well, Nanjing is what the Chinese called it under Kublai Khan anyway. ;) The capital limitation may facilitate including both in the same game, but personally I hate that feature with a passion and really hope that Ed Beach keeps his promise to make it able to be disabled. Overall, the capital limitation makes no sense in the scheme of things; too many civilizations have only had a single capital. America's only second option without Washington DC is George Washington, whose capital was Philadelphia. Post-Frankish France has always had its capital at Paris except for a few governments in exile; Rome's capital was always Rome; virtually every monarch of England after the Saxon period ruled from London. That's excluding three and possibly four of the likeliest civs to receive second leaders.

This is another of the many examples in Civ VI where the game is being twisted out of shape to accommodate some designer's Bright Idea. Add Capital Limitation to Districts, Simplified Tech Tree, Auto-Built Roads, Simplified Unit Upgrades, Asymmetrical Diplomacy (although that may just be Design Incompetence rather than mis-applied Bright Idea). Since the capital's title is utterly irrelevant to any aspect of game-play, the limitation is also utterly irrelevant and idiotic . For some states there will be problem enough finding alternate leaders with any recognizability or useful characteristics: limiting it further by having to find an alternate capital is sheerest Trumpery...

Not Nanjing. Yanjing. It was Nanjing during the Liao dynasty centuries before. Yanjing got razed by the mongols who built Dadu or Khanbaliq next to it.

Not Nanjing. Yanjing. It was Nanjing during the Liao dynasty centuries before. Yanjing got razed by the mongols who built Dadu or Khanbaliq next to it.
Actually, according to Wikipedia (with cited sources), we're both wrong: it was Yanjing (under the Yan Dynasty) then Nanjing (under the Liao Dynasty) then Zhongdu (under the Jin Dynasty), then it was razed by Genghis Khan and eventually rebuilt as Dadu/Khanbaliq. I have a sudden strong urge to replay Jade Empire. Shame I just did that a few months ago...

New World Pack:
Spain (new leader) - Isabella
Portugal
maya
Iroquois or another n-am native civ
Inca

possibly a new leader for England
possibly another native american civ (sioux?)
new world map
new world scenario
new mechanics introducing colonization
new buildings
new alternative techs (colonial age)

Free DLC: :)D) (and could attract old players to return to civ to try these civs)
Poland

Old World Pack
New leader Roman Empire (Julius Caesar)
New leader Greece (Alexander the Great)
New leader Egypt
Celts
Carthage
Babylon
Persia
Assyria

Asian Worlds Pack:
Korea
siam (or Ayutthaya)
mongolia
Timurids
Ottomans
New leader Japan
New leader China
New leader Arabia

Free DLC:
New Leader America (Lincoln)
New scenario (american civil war)

Napoleon Age:
New leader France (Napoleon)
New leader Russia
New leader Germany (or Prussia)
Austria
sweden
Netherlands
Diplomatic mechanics
World Congress
New deeper interactions between civs (like vazzalisation)

medieval age:
Byzantium
Hungary
Denmark
mali
Polynesia
New leader England
New leader France
New leader Ottomans

new mechanics like papal interaction (or another religious head)
new mechanics around crusades

modern age:
Ethiopia
Cuba
mexico
Italy
Turkey
new leader America (FDR)

something like that. The problems with partitioning DLC like that, is that the game could be temporiraly unbalanced because you include a great amount of civilizations around a certain theme (and forget other time ages or regions)

New World Pack:
Spain (new leader) - Isabella
Portugal
maya
Iroquois or another n-am native civ
Inca

possibly a new leader for England
possibly another native american civ (sioux?)
new world map
new world scenario
new mechanics introducing colonization
new buildings
new alternative techs (colonial age)

Free DLC: :)D) (and could attract old players to return to civ to try these civs)
Poland

Old World Pack
New leader Roman Empire (Julius Caesar)
New leader Greece (Alexander the Great)
New leader Egypt
Celts
Carthage
Babylon
Persia
Assyria

Asian Worlds Pack:
Korea
siam (or Ayutthaya)
mongolia
Timurids
Ottomans
New leader Japan
New leader China
New leader Arabia

Free DLC:
New Leader America (Lincoln)
New scenario (american civil war)

Napoleon Age:
New leader France (Napoleon)
New leader Russia
New leader Germany (or Prussia)
Austria
sweden
Netherlands
Diplomatic mechanics
World Congress
New deeper interactions between civs (like vazzalisation)

medieval age:
Byzantium
Hungary
Denmark
mali
Polynesia
New leader England
New leader France
New leader Ottomans

new mechanics like papal interaction (or another religious head)
new mechanics around crusades

modern age:
Ethiopia
Cuba
mexico
Italy
Turkey
new leader America (FDR)

something like that. The problems with partitioning DLC like that, is that the game could be temporiraly unbalanced because you include a great amount of civilizations around a certain theme (and forget other time ages or regions)
...Boy, are you going to be disappointed. :(

...Boy, are you going to be disappointed. :(

probably yes, but i'm an optimist and i'm already glad if more (and important civs are added). There will probably be less civilizations in this civ game but that's okay (more leaders probably too).

probably yes, but i'm an optimist and i'm already glad if more (and important civs are added). There will probably be less civilizations in this civ game but that's okay (more leaders probably too).
I hope we see a lot more civs this time, but I just mean that if you expect to get eight civs and leaders in a DLC, you're going to be disappointed. I wouldn't expect to see more than two or three in a single pack.

Not really in any particular order:

1. Tlingit
2. Babylon
3. Persia
4. Cree
5. Georgia (Tamar says hi)
6. Gaul
7. Korea
8. Muscogee
9. Maya
10. Phoenicia

It is possible I have a strong interest in Pre-Columbian North America and the Bronze and Iron Age Near East. :mischief:

You forgot the INCA, you so called Pre-Columbian expert, lol!

I'd certainly hope they do not include your favourites, namely the great civilization of Tlingit!!! Eh, Zaarin? And why? Because they certainly do not deserve to be in a game dealing with CIVILIZATIONS! well, perhaps as a minor tribe, a barbarian nation, stuff like that, but not as an actual Civilization!

Why did you make them (Tlingit) 1st on your list?, please don't tell me by accident (again).
Are you telling me Tinglit are more deserving to be included than: Persia, Mongolia, Byzantium, or Carthage?
Come on, Zaarin, you can't be serious!, Tlingit, what a joke!!!

Knowing that Zaarin will have a lot of teaching me to do after this post, which he shouldn't bother with, I do not need teachings from someone who knows less than myslef, let me tell ya,. (hey Zaarin, I suggested the NAVAJO as a possible addition to the game some time ago, perhaps in 2014 or 2015-not quite sure, on Ideas and Suggestions Forum, nonetheless, perhaps that post can still be found?, if so, I could prove it to you, you so-called North American Pre-Columbian expert). I think I have you beat (with the Navajo), so please, spare me your favourite quotes of: what that word means in Navajo (language), thanks.

These are the nations/tribes/civilizations, I'd like added, whether through DLC or expansion in CVI: (no leaders, I leave that to the devs, you people should learn your place, you cannot suggest it all, Firaxis do got some quite bright minds on this, besides, thread asks for Civs, not leaders, so please, don't try and impress them).

Here's my list, in no particular order: (unlike that of Zaarin and his faves, the Tlingit-as somehow number 1, and not on a single occasion, mind you)

1. PERSIA (Militaristic-Land, Cultural, Commercial, Imperialistic)
2. BABYLON (Culture-focus, Scientific, Militaristic-land- please mind what NABU did (and not only), they weren't always defenders)
3. ASSYRIA (Aggressive/Ruthless Militarism, Heavy Expansionism/Imperialims, Culture-they were excellent Diplomats)
4. HATTI (Hittites) (Culture based, Expansionistic, Militaristic, Scientific)
5. TATARS (Militaristic-big time!, isolationist, expansionist,commercial, religion of choice-Islam)
6. KHAZARIA (militaristic, expansionist, industrious/builders), preferred great religion - Judaism (only other Civ in history, together with Israel/Judea/Hebrews)
7. OTTOMANS (Turkey) (Aggressive and Militaristic, Spiritual/Religious - Preferred Religion ISLAM, Very Expansionistic/Imperialistic)
8. BYZANTIUM (Spiritual/Religious, Seafaring and Commercial, Cultured, Expansionistic and strongly Militaristic)
9. PHOENICIA (Great Merchants/Commercial, Colonial (eager to build cities on continents and islands other than their own), Great Sailors/Seafaring, Slow to expand on own continent/Perfectionistic)
10. CARTHAGE (Militaristic, SEAFARING!, COLONIAL-meaning not very expansionistic on own continent/island, but definitely on others-to get goods from other continents)
11. LYDIA (Commercial, Militaristic)
12. ETHIOPIA (Aksum/Axum, Abyssinia) was pretty much covered in CV, and was very well done by the devs.
13. NUBIA (Punt/Kush) (militaristic, industrious, desert dweller bonus)
14. Thrace/Thracia (Militaristic, Isolationist)
15. ASHANTI (cultural, religious, expansionistic- a fine African cutlure)
16. MOROCCO/MOORS (Religious/Spiritual/Expansionistic/Land-Military)
17. Israel/Judea/Hebrews (Religious-Very, Commercial-Great Merchants, Perfectionistic)
18. Burma/Myanmar (Religious-Buddhism)
19. Siam/Thailand (Religious-Religion of Choice is Buddhism, Cultural)
20. KHMER (Religious, Militarists)
21. KOREA (Culture, Science, Militarism-novelty-Defensive ONLY, Spiritual)
22. MONGOLIA (AGGRESSIVE!, land-militarism-to the fullest!. Imperialism, Tolerant (of other religions), cultural and commercial)
23. South Africa (no chance! Mandela as leader and Boer-ic unit as UU!)
24. ZULU (the return of Chaka/Shaka and the IMPI) - militarism to the max, Expansion and WAR! (although cautious with other religions/cultures-at first)
25. PORTUGAL - come on FIRAXIS! Lisboa as City State! - what a joke! This is a great Civ! pay it its due respect! (SEAFARING and COMMERCIAL/COLONIAL, Cultural and Militaristic-yes they were!)
26. NETHERLANDS (Cultural, VERY COLONIAL and incredibly SEAFARING!, COLONIAL! Industrious and VERY COMMERCIAL-Merchants-, now, please!)
27. SCOTLAND (Militaristic, Isolationist, Seafaring)
28. DENMARK (Militarist, Seafaring, Expansionist, Commercial)
29. SWEDEN (MILITARIST!, Expansionist, Culturalist)
30. POLAND (Religious/Spiritual, Expansionstic, Cultutral, Militaristic(land)- Yes! !!Poland built one of the largest, most original, and finest, civilizations of Eastern Europe during the 13-18 century Europe!)
31. Ukraine/Kiyevan Rus' (Expansionist, Religious/Spiritual/Orthodox Christianity, Militaristic, Cultural)
32. HUNGARY (Militaristic-Land, Culture)
33. ROMANIA/DACIA/Walachia (Militaristic and Spiritual- VLAD the Leader)
34. PRUSSIA (MILITARISTS!, CULTURAL, INDUSTRIOUS, (heavily Catholic/Militarist nation, similar to the Crusader State, although capable of modernization-unlike the crusader state)
35. BULGARIA (militaristic) This state was a major rival of Byzantium, until they Slavicised and adopted Christianity as their Great Religion of Choice, these guys were some tough Nomad Horsemen!!!
36. ARMENIA (Ancient!) Ancient Armenia was called URARTU!!!, a fine civilization!, they should be: MILITARISTIC, SPIRITUAL, CULTURAL, with a gain of HILL tiles(hexxes), leader: TIGRANES!
37. GAUL - a fine culture! MILITARISTIC!, EXPANSIONISTIC, cultural (Leader: Vercingetorix)
38. BRITONS - Leader-Boudicea- Militaristic, Spiritual (DRUIDS). A branch of the CELTS, deserve their own CIV!, in my mind. Spiritual and Militaristic.
39. GOTHS (Militaristic! and Expansionists)
40. INCA!!! (CULTURAL, HIGHLANDERS, INDUSTRIOUS, MILITARISTIC, EXPANSIONISTIC, RELIGIOUS-Polytheist)
41. MAYA!!! (industrious, MILITARISTIC, SPIRITUAL-Polytheism and Blood Cult)
42. ETRUSCANS (miliaristic, isolatory., cultural)
43. Crusader State ( I think I was the 1st to suggest them, way back, Industrious, VERY Spiritual and Very Militaristic.
44. Venice (COMMERCIAL!, SEAFARING!, Religious-Catholicism as Religion of choice)
45. ITALY!!! (commercial, Cultural, Militaristic, heavily-Catholic!)
46. PORTUGAL! (religious-spiritual(catholic), Commercial, and very COLONIAL!
47. SWITZERLAND (Hills and Mountains Food Bonus, Militaristic-Defensive ONLY!, Cultural and Commercial)
48. WENDS (Western Slavs) These people were very Spiritual-Polytheistic, as well as very Militaristic, as well as adding Culture and Commerce to their overall characterization.
49. Crusader State - Religious-Spiritual, Catholicism as its only possible Great Religion: Industrious, Spiritual, very Militaristic
50. Papal State (Vatican) - Heavily Religious (Catholicism only)
51. Mali - sorry, forgot Mali and Musa, anyway, Commercial, Religious-Spiritual (Islam), Militaristic, there you go.

Now, there may be lots more worthy ones(civs) to include, some of them I forget at the moment, please forgive me, readers of this post, and FIRAXIS.

Last edited:
Sorry, I'm not going to rise to your bait. Your ignorance is your own problem.

Sorry, I'm not going to rise to your bait. Your ignorance is your own problem.

Too bad, dear Zaarin, I was really looking forward to you proving me wrong on how a European Amphitheatre is superior to a Tlingit Totem Pole.

No hard feelings though, bud, just mind, which Culture conquered which, which was behind (by hundreds of years) in technology and which was not. That is why European Culture Dominates to this day(advancement), ever since the days of the Romans (and Greeks before them) , it does, and for you, and others wannabe rebels, this is a sad reminder of the state of facts, however true they might be.

Europeans did not conquer most of Earth because the others let them, they did it with superior knowledge-science, advancement, as well as military and cultural dominance. That is the truth, plain and simple.

Great to be exotic, but to realism you must return, otherwise you`re lying to yourself and living a dream. Sooner or later, reality will come knocking (luckily its European culture-reality, otherwise, it would be Islam-Fanatic-no free speach or free religion-Reality, or other, more or less oppressive, non-European dominant reality-culture)

Hey, I like you, Zaarin, you know quite a lot!

(I write most of my posts after a few brewskies, Zaarin, I do tend to make quite a few mistakes while writing, I beg your forgiveness)

daft, signing out...

Moderator Action: This evening's series of posts trolling another poster is unacceptable. If these posts are the result of your imbibing "a few brewskies," in the future please refrain from posting after drinking.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Last edited by a moderator:
First, if I would design an expansion, I would not only add content, but new mechanics that reshapes the game entirely. Such a expansion would look like this:

Additional new mechanics:

- More tall gameplay options. Higher adjacency bonuses, more buildings for each district, perhaps an entire rework of wonders....
- Rebels, colonies and independence movements. The definitive anti-snowballing mechanism. Overextend yourself and see your empire getting unstable and even break up! Do the same to enemy empires!
- Diplomacy options. A full flegded diplomatic victory, options for forming coalitions, federations, and employing "soft power" to confound your rivals and punch above your weight

As for the civs included, in true civ fashion I would make two expansions rather than one in order to flesh out the game :p

Civilizations of the 1st expansion:

Mongols: A warmonger civ with a unique nomadic mechanic
Persians: A scientific and religious civ with a penchant for wide empire building
Ottomans: Wondrous & militaristic
Incas: Adaptation to rought terrains and mountain ranges is go!
Khmer: The ultimate uber-tall civ
Mali: Commercial and expansionistic African civ
Indonesia: Seabound civ with a multi-cultural push
Etiopia: Religious power and heritage!

Leaders of the 1st expansion:

Isabella of Spain. A more exploration focused version of Spain
Catherine of Russia. A more culture focused version of Russia
George Washington of the USA. A more founding-fathery version of the USA
Nahualtcoyolt of the Aztec. A more cultural, tall version of the Aztecs.
Ashoka of the India. A more agressive and religious version of the Indians.
Empress Ma of the Chinese. A more commercial version of the Chinese.
Julius Caesar of the Romans. A more militaristic, empire building version of the Romans.
Napoleon of the French. A militaristic version of the French
Frederik the great of the Germans. A more scientific version of the Germans.
Abderraman of Al Andalus. A more culture focused version of the Arabs.

Civilizations of the second expansion:

Netherlands: Polders, channels, terraforming and lots of commerce bonuses
Portugal: Explore the seas and wage naval warfare!
Hawaii: Explore the seas and wage massive far flung colonization waves!
Mayans: Religious and monumental powerhouse, not unlike Egypt
Pueblo: Adapt to harsh climates and defend yourself from unwanted invaders and conversions
Vietnam: Turtle up and build up your culture
Ashanti: Tech up and assimilate other vassals!
Korea: Tall and scientific civ

Leaders of the 2nd expansion:

Kublai Khan of the mongols. A more cultural, trade focused version of the mongols
Meiji of the Japanese. A more industrial version of the Japanese.
Hasheput of the Egyptians. A more awesome and religious version of the Egyptians.
Bismark of the Germans. An industrial version of the Germans
Louis XVI of the French. An even more cultural version of the French.
Roosevelt of the USA. A more industrial version of the Americans.
Abu Bakr of the Indians. A mugal version of the indians
Augustus of the Romans. An industrial version of the Romans
Suleiman of the Ottomans. A more cultural version of the Ottomans
Nader Shah of the Persians. An islamic version of Persia

Byzantines under Alexios I Komnenos. Give them a gold/diplomacy UA (can buy envoys, maybe an extra diplo card slot), a unique building/district with gpt (Hippodrome to replace Entertainment complex, generates gold/culture/faith on top of amenities), and give them Varangians as a swordsmen replacement. As a curveball, allow the Byzantines to also buy (not build) any UU available to any Civ that Alexius has met and is not at war with.

This models the polyglot of mercenaries the Byzantines had to use after Manzikert and highlights Alexios' masterstroke shepherding of the Crusaders through Constantinople on to the Holy Land (or anywhere but Constantinople).

@daft If you'd like to have a sober conversation about why I think the Tlingit would make an excellent addition to the game, I'd be happy to have that conversation. ;)

@daft If you'd like to have a sober conversation about why I think the Tlingit would make an excellent addition to the game, I'd be happy to have that conversation. ;)

I support the Tlingit being in the game. Pacific Northwest Cultures are unique and rich, with beautiful art. Not simply primitive "tribes". Tpangolin agrees with you too!

I hope we see a lot more civs this time, but I just mean that if you expect to get eight civs and leaders in a DLC, you're going to be disappointed. I wouldn't expect to see more than two or three in a single pack.

Ooh, but some packs were based on the major expansions of civ V

My DLC releases would be consistent and monthly. I would prefer to keep the focus varied--one month can be a civ and scenario, the next can be a civ and mechanic, then two leaderheads and a scenario, so on and so forth.

Top Bottom