1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

What's the furthest you've played to with VP?

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by TheOneHitPupper, May 19, 2020.

1. ryanmusante

ryanmusante Regular Supporter

I second this. GraphicsSettingsDX9.ini with tweaks for performance sake. For example:
    Code:
    UseScreenShots = 1
    TerrainPageinSpeedStill = 4
    TerrainPageinSpeedMoving = 4

vyyt likes this.
  2. Asterix Rage

Asterix Rage Warlord

:thumbsup:

Almost same
    I play often marathon/big or Huge with some heavy modmods (not too much...) 1000+ turns without CTD on a W7-64b / 4gb ram. Rare CTD 'light' (Restart with previous autosave fix) from ~t800
    DX10 on a 2gb Graphcard
    Civ5Screen0041.png

Most importantly, I boot first on a no LAN minimalist w7 install for VP only. <900kb ram used.

Many (a lot, a lot) PC with an OS installed for a while are full of 'bachground' apps, services, processes that use hundreds kb or even 1.x gb of ram before civ5 is launched.
    For those who get CDT often before the end of the game, you should consider, also, to "clean" a bit the base OS system. It helps.

Last edited: May 24, 2020
    ryanmusante, JamesNinelives and vyyt like this.
  3. Der_Zorn_gottes

Der_Zorn_gottes King

Thanks man, you gave me a solid PTSD.
    Way back, when CIV V came out, I bought me a new Computer (it was due anyway) with 16 GB RAM so that CIV V would run smoothly.
    Only later did I learn that Civ can't even use more than 4 GB.

Drakul and vyyt like this.
  4. Rick Drayson

Rick Drayson Chieftain

I play on marathon speed and ive yet to get past modern. By that point ive either won or lost the game. no technical issues stopping me.