What's the furthest you've played to with VP?

Ofc I use the lowest possible graph settings and also playing with Direct 9 option instead of D10/11, which makes everything slightly bigger (what can u expect from 15 inch screen) but I'm not using VP for its beauty...
I second this. GraphicsSettingsDX9.ini with tweaks for performance sake. For example:
Code:
UseScreenShots = 1
TerrainPageinSpeedStill = 4
TerrainPageinSpeedMoving = 4

Strange, I'm playing heavily modded VP (14 mods atm + some extra civs), always huge communitu_79, (cos extra resources mod is well fitted for the script) 15 AI and 25+ Cs, always epic, on low-end Lenovo with 8gb ram and I have 0 issues to finish the game with the future tech if I want, no ctd, no problem loading or saving...literally I don't remember to ctd VP for a looong time. Also I've never used strategic view.

Ofc I use the lowest possible graph settings and also playing with Direct 9 option instead of D10/11, which makes everything slightly bigger (what can u expect from 15 inch screen) but I'm not using VP for its beauty...
:thumbsup:

Almost same
I play often marathon/big or Huge with some heavy modmods (not too much...) 1000+ turns without CTD on a W7-64b / 4gb ram. Rare CTD 'light' (Restart with previous autosave fix) from ~t800
DX10 on a 2gb Graphcard
Civ5Screen0041.png

Most importantly, I boot first on a no LAN minimalist w7 install for VP only. <900kb ram used.

Many (a lot, a lot) PC with an OS installed for a while are full of 'bachground' apps, services, processes that use hundreds kb or even 1.x gb of ram before civ5 is launched.
For those who get CDT often before the end of the game, you should consider, also, to "clean" a bit the base OS system. It helps.

Last edited:
:thumbsup:

Most importantly, I boot first on a no LAN minimalist w7 install for VP only. <900kb ram used.

Many (a lot, a lot) PC with an OS installed for a while are full of 'bachground' apps, services, processes that use hundreds kb or even 1.x gb of ram before civ5 is launched.
For those who get CDT often before the end of the game, you should consider, also, to "clean" a bit the base OS system. It helps.

Thanks man, you gave me a solid PTSD.
Way back, when CIV V came out, I bought me a new Computer (it was due anyway) with 16 GB RAM so that CIV V would run smoothly.
Only later did I learn that Civ can't even use more than 4 GB.

I play on marathon speed and ive yet to get past modern. By that point ive either won or lost the game. no technical issues stopping me.

Top Bottom