What's the most annoying thing about Civ1?

edit: just remembered my other big peev: that pole to pole seam. i'm a big fan of "goto", so i notice it often

Mine's gotta be that SDI defense problem
Everything else is just random so it doesn't bug me so much, it's an old game, there's bugs:
-yes i have to make sure i keep my civnet games auto-saving in case it hangs, i accept that;
-weak units being victorious against strong units a pain in the ass, but i'm ok with it,
but something not doing what it's supposed to do is definitely annoying.

in my current game I was terribly angry because my second city (Barcelona) finished the production of settlers before the population rose to 30 000 (size 2)... as any fanatic knows, this means that the city was lost and replaced by one lousy settler unit...
Wow, this doesn't happen for me, either in civdos(474.04) or civnet(1.0.2), i just tested them both.
I must have a different version i guess

edit: after reading a differnet thread, i found the answer:
v3: ... No longer able to disband a population-1 city at Chieftain level by buying a settler.

I'm unfamiliar with this issue; could you provide more detail?

When I load 1915AD saved file the next turn the game just stops responding and the game freezes. Tried reloading past saves and when it is about to turn 1916 it happens again. Tried to change everything from my number of units to changing government to stop the anamoly but it dies out.

Losing settlers beacause of famine, losing city to barbarians and when first city has no defenses wandering enemy militia destroys it :(

Top Bottom