[NFP] What's Your Favorite Civ and Why

I like Civs with good ancient/classical era bonus’, that can reliably use the Earth Goddess pantheon (I think I’ve got that right, the appeal one?). I enjoy making pretty places, and if I can get a faith boost from it even better! I love the added flexibility of a strong faith economy.

So my favourites are Inca and Egypt!

Earlier in this thread I declared my love for the Inca. These past few days I've been playing a Maori game (not my first, but this one seems more impactful than the ones before), and I'm falling in love with them too :)

The ability to settle those hard to reach places beyond the ocean is superb, as is the early exploration of the whole world on water-heavy maps. You get to snatch up all those yummy goody huts, meet city states before anyone else, and discover natural wonders. Then there is the inability to chop and remove resources, which I find awsome. I rarely chop in general, because I dislike how gamey it is, and playing as the Maori I actually get rewarded for playing as I like it best. The yields from all those forest and jungle tiles by the late game are just so great! And the world looks beautiful with all the trees and resources preserved. It is a true joy to behold my sustainably developed empire :)

I'm actually getting used to the Haka in the Maori sound track. I used to hate it with a passion with its vocal-heavy, shouty rhythm, but now it is growing on me. Fancy that.

Rome. With their free monuments and free roads it feels like while everybody else is trying to establish a small kingdom, they are building an empire right from the get-go.
There is an expression “hit the ground running”. That’s what Rome in Civ VI feels for me.

Honorable mention: recently had a lot of fun with GC. While my armies where steamrolling enemies on one side of the large continent, my builders where spamming haciendas on the side that was already mine. I just love how the fences connect when you add another one, and another one, and another...

I'll stick to the Netherlands. Not just because I'm Dutch but because it's a nice generalist. Though I still prefer the civ 5 polders, the placement requirements that is.

Earlier in this thread I declared my love for the Inca. These past few days I've been playing a Maori game (not my first, but this one seems more impactful than the ones before), and I'm falling in love with them too :)

The ability to settle those hard to reach places beyond the ocean is superb, as is the early exploration of the whole world on water-heavy maps. You get to snatch up all those yummy goody huts, meet city states before anyone else, and discover natural wonders. Then there is the inability to chop and remove resources, which I find awsome. I rarely chop in general, because I dislike how gamey it is, and playing as the Maori I actually get rewarded for playing as I like it best. The yields from all those forest and jungle tiles by the late game are just so great! And the world looks beautiful with all the trees and resources preserved. It is a true joy to behold my sustainably developed empire :)

I'm actually getting used to the Haka in the Maori sound track. I used to hate it with a passion with its vocal-heavy, shouty rhythm, but now it is growing on me. Fancy that.

Totally agree about them! They're just such a well designed civ all around. The other thing I like about them is just how fast their cities take off, especially with God of the Sea. Their fishing boats now give you an extra +1 food and +1 production, on top of that +1 production for unimproved woods and rainforest. That's such a huge boon in the early game. Especially since early production bonuses are so hard to come by in this game. Russia and Nubia have them, but Maori's is better.

Also, I love their 3rd jerseys. It's a teal/sky blue combo that looks so much better than default.

Top Bottom