What's Your Most Disappointing Game?

ST Bridge Commander,

It's slow, confusing interface, etc
More of a ST theme song with pics than a
tactical combat game.

Hell, ST 25th anniversity was more fun and
as realistic.

Black & White
I loose track of that creature and he goes off and eats people. I first got it quite a while ago and last night decided to try it again, from the begining. Wow, what a mistake. I wanted to thwap the guy in the God's playground. I felt like I made no progress at all. I think I'll give it to my sister....but maybe I shouldn't because I really do like her. Guess I better shop for a real birthday gift then.

i agree - i tried b&w - and i thought the concept was good - but i couldn't get into it, and my stupid gorrila would go off and eat villagers whenever he could

Since I have not played Civ 3 yet, teh most disappointing new game was Risk 2 a couple years back. An up and coming developer in Britain was supposedly doing a great job with it, but the final result only had some nice graphics that improved upon Risk I (1996, Hasbro). Everything else... variations of play, multiple maps, scenarios, fortifications, Generals.... you name it, they cut it out or messed it up. Yuck.

Black and White was spoiled by the creatures, which were as intelligent as a rock.

They should have concentrated on the Populous elements rather than the 'novelty' aspects of the creatures, which were an absolute pain and wrecked the gameplay. At the second island I had to stop playing, because my creature kept wandering off, and trying to babysit an ape, take care of my villagers, and do everything else meant I couldn't keep track of anything.

Totally wasted oppurtunity.

Black and White gets another vote. This game was really disappointing. Just couldn't get into it.

Also, I was disappointed with Railroad Tycoon 2. Played the original for hours at a time, but the sequel did not really improve at all.

EA Sports AFL '99 was a shocker. Nowhere near how good its FIFA counterpart was. Hopefully they'll improve it next time.

Civ 3 is my greatest dissapointment. I bought the game and couldn't event get it to run, so I had to get a CD crack for it, now I can't upgrade with the new patches aaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhh!!!!!

Being in the minority here I hated Rebellion at first, until I got the interface figured out. Then I found out the AI was remedial. Then I discovered MP mode, now it is my most used game now.

Top Bottom