When do you know you have won?

Ibian

King
Curious what everyones standards on this is. I'm a builder, i space my cities 6 tiles apart resources and geography permitting and i like wonders and city states. I also have RA off to make something other than trading posts and gold multipliers matter, and because it gets ridiculous later on.

Current game is on emperor, i got 3 cities, one of which builds wonders, met most civs and city states. Every single city state is eating out of my hand and all but one civ (immediate neighbor) is friendly (had a war, he pussied out after my CS allies pummeled him and gave me all his gold to get some peace).

I broke even on beakers around turn 150 (meaning beakers/turn=turn number), i'm tech leader, i have two engineers, a scientist and a gifted Khan (i'm Ottoman) so Big Ben will be completed the turn i research it, and i'm two policies away from whatever the cost reduction when buying is called so i can, should i choose to, buy an army and go stomp the world in less than 50 turns.

I could also win in any other way. At this point the game is over, the next few hundred turns is just formality.

How do you know when you have won the game? And what do you do when it happens?

If I have more than 10 allied city states.
If I am the runnaway civ in production and/or science.

If I have a far superor military and tech to beatdown my oponent civs.

Depends on the victory I'm gunning for.

Normally, the demographics screen tells me everything. If I'm going for domination and I'm high in soldiers/literacy before I start a(nother) war ... yeah. If it's a tech victory -- approval and literacy especially if I'm hoarding great scientists and/or a scientific revoltion.

Culture, it's actually a tech race for me. The Oracle, Cristo, Sistine, and Sydney are major slingshots to doing a cultural victory correctly. If I can't get those techs quickly, a cultural wins become harder.

Diplomacy is a sheer economic victory. You got the $$? Buy the states and win. There's a little bit of strategy there (like the United Front and all Patronage SPs), but generally it's all about the money.

Maybe the obvious answer to your question is -- the other civs. If they aren't close to winning, that gives you a lot of breathing room. I think a better question is: when do you know you've lost? And then again, it's all about the demographics screen.

When I check the game difficulty and it doesn't say Deity.

This is the Point!!! :D
But the Mod "sid diffilcult" is better even harder.

When I check the game difficulty and it doesn't say Deity.

Snarky as that is, you might just be right. Tried my first immortal game today and it doesn't feel much different from anything else. With alex competing for CS, even.

Which is kind of annoying. I don't consider myself a hardcore civer and i stopped at emp in IV. This game is too easy.

Top Bottom