1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Where are the goody-huts?

Discussion in 'Civ3 - General Discussions' started by TheOverseer714, Nov 14, 2008.

1. TheOverseer714

TheOverseer714 Overseer

Playing as the Americans on a Pangaea, I built 2 scouts. Mapped most of the Pangaea and found 2 goody huts. No other Exp tribes to scoop them up. The AIs were barely exploring. Barbs set at Roaming, Emperor level.

2. Optional

Optional Deity

I think it simply happens sometimes that you find no more than 2 goody huts, I get that as well. They get ramdomly spread over the map, and perhaps a lot of them ended up close to the other AI.
    Non expansionist AI sometimes ignore them, but usually still pop them.

I think you got a bad deal, though. You still hope to find 5 or 6 goody huts or so. Even on Demigod, where the AI spreads even more units out over the map, it's realistic to find more than a couple of goody huts, and you may still hope for one or two free settlers.

Not many people will agree with me, but I find Expansionist a really good trait to help keep up with the early surge of the AI on the higher levels. To compare it with Scientific, well, when I play as Germany the AI is usually out of my sight by the time I come round to building those cheap libraries. So I rather be expansionist. The early contacts are better than the free techs, though.

3. Moosezilla

Moosezilla Grognard Warlord

I play mass regicide just to have 7 "scouts", two huts mean an extremely small pangaea!

4. vmxa

vmxa Deity

I think you should call the cops, because it sounds like you got robbed. :D

5. TheOverseer714

TheOverseer714 Overseer

It definitely proves that Expansionist is the most random trait. When I played as the Arabs with similar settings, I got a settler, several techs, gold, just a bonanza. This time, 25 gold and maps of an area already explored. A real crap-shoot.

6. Doge Soprano

Doge Soprano Chieftain

Expansionist - very annoying to play as, very annoying to play against.

7. capnvonbaron

capnvonbaron Democratia gladii

... which is why I have a habit of killing any early-game scouts I can catch. I'll be derned if any lousy ruskie or redskin is gonna beat me to huts on MY (future) turf! :trouble:

8. Dishpan_Hans

Dishpan_Hans Chieftain

That's as fun as stealing their workers, especially if they are far away and would take 30 turns to even mount a real strike against you.