Where are the goody-huts?

TheOverseer714

Overseer
Playing as the Americans on a Pangaea, I built 2 scouts. Mapped most of the Pangaea and found 2 goody huts. No other Exp tribes to scoop them up. The AIs were barely exploring. Barbs set at Roaming, Emperor level.

I think it simply happens sometimes that you find no more than 2 goody huts, I get that as well. They get ramdomly spread over the map, and perhaps a lot of them ended up close to the other AI.
Non expansionist AI sometimes ignore them, but usually still pop them.

I think you got a bad deal, though. You still hope to find 5 or 6 goody huts or so. Even on Demigod, where the AI spreads even more units out over the map, it's realistic to find more than a couple of goody huts, and you may still hope for one or two free settlers.

Not many people will agree with me, but I find Expansionist a really good trait to help keep up with the early surge of the AI on the higher levels. To compare it with Scientific, well, when I play as Germany the AI is usually out of my sight by the time I come round to building those cheap libraries. So I rather be expansionist. The early contacts are better than the free techs, though.

It definitely proves that Expansionist is the most random trait. When I played as the Arabs with similar settings, I got a settler, several techs, gold, just a bonanza. This time, 25 gold and maps of an area already explored. A real crap-shoot.

... which is why I have a habit of killing any early-game scouts I can catch. I'll be derned if any lousy ruskie or redskin is gonna beat me to huts on MY (future) turf! :trouble:

... which is why I have a habit of killing any early-game scouts I can catch. I'll be derned if any lousy ruskie or redskin is gonna beat me to huts on MY (future) turf! :trouble:

That's as fun as stealing their workers, especially if they are far away and would take 30 turns to even mount a real strike against you.

Top Bottom