Where Did They Go?

Aoxomoxoa

Prince
In a game where I am Ragnar, early on the Vedic Aryans are announced and appear to the SE and after a couple turns they do not clear out of the fog into my capitol's view and then a couple turns after that I hear the Mayan nation has been destroyed by the barbarian state. At this point I was planning to expand in the SE direction to pin and maybe even rush Tokugawa who was due east on the coast.

I divert my scouting warrior to head SW to check out the Maya's old capitol, as taking an old cap site from the barbs might be easier than Toku and a few turns later as he got close he could see that the barbs culture border had grown. Oh my, here was the capitol AND founder of buddhism. As moves into the sqaure that gives him the view of the capitol, THERE'S NO TROOPS, NO GARRISON!

A turn later he waltzes in and it's Viking land!

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-09-10 at 12.18.12 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2010-09-10 at 12.18.12 PM.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 169
Vedic Aryans are set on search and destroy, they don't defend cities they capture and can enter borders before normal barbs can, they can also attack people who shouldn't be elligable for the event by swapping targets after spawning. Its easily the most broken event in the game, if it happens to you as early as it can on high levels, its pretty much gameover.

Vedic Aryans are set on search and destroy, they don't defend cities they capture and can enter borders before normal barbs can, they can also attack people who shouldn't be elligable for the event by swapping targets after spawning. Its easily the most broken event in the game, if it happens to you as early as it can on high levels its pretty much gameover.

Oh it has.. more than once.

yeah, I had that happen to gandhi in a game of my - he got the archers, they marched through my lands and took one of his cities (it was a low level game) and i ended up with the city...

I've had the Horse Archers spawn on me once. On the other side of a gulf my cultural borders were touching. When I had the Great Wall. Their target selection was sorta weird, they had to march through Russian jungles, easy pickings and experience for them.

Vedic Aryans are set on search and destroy, they don't defend cities they capture ... .
Perhaps a good way to defend against them is Not To!
Clear your inadequate defenders out of the city and recapture it after they have moved on?

I've had the Horse Archers spawn on me once. On the other side of a gulf my cultural borders were touching. When I had the Great Wall. Their target selection was sorta weird, they had to march through Russian jungles, easy pickings and experience for them.

Nick, your signature should read:

Consumerism: can sacrifice population to finish a shopping mall or outlet.

:D

It would have been better to have the warrior on the tile 1W of where he is so that you can see the tile below the city and have defensive bonuses. ;)

Although seriously, I would love to have this stuff happen to me.

I know, I think I was so surprised not seeing any troops there that I just beelined to the spot. The good news? Corn in the 1S spot and crab on the 2S1E spot!

Top Bottom