Votes: 7 38.9%

Votes: 3 16.7%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Abstain

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
#4. Spices and iron. Oh my, what a beauty.

#7 would lose us the bonus for the iron (though it would get iron hooked up faster). We don't need swords yet so I don't think it's worth the production loss.

Although I've not decided exactly which site I am going to vote for, I am strongly against building on top of a source of iron at this point unless we plan to keep that city isolated from the trade network. My reasons for this are that connecting iron up prevents use of the upgrade-rush method of building up a large force of swordsmen, since warriors would no longer be a build option; and that (as Shaitan pointed out in his above post) we would lose the rather impressive production bonus offered by this resource.

I believe that iron gives a +1 shield bonus, so it is not a huge loss. The point about not being able to use the upgrade rush is taken, but really cannot be accomplished this early anyway for lack of sufficient funds.

i think people are over looking the obvious No. 4, it gets us spice and iron (once roads are connected at a slightly later date), it is well positioned to prosper. No. 4 is the go............

do remember having a luxury will allow us to lower the entertainment bar slightly when we begin our ever drawn out invasion of a yet to be chosen (but obviously the aztecs) enemy.

If we build on site 4 don't we have to wait for the borders to expand in order to use the iron? Right now we can't even build cultural improvements! Building on site 7 (on the iron hill) is the quickest way for us to get iron connected. If we are sending a few archers to attack the Aztecs we need to be able to make swordsmen ASAP.

Bavaria's border's will expand to include the spice. We can hook up the spice after the iron.

I have voted for 7 - nw of the second cow should be after that!

I still have to go with #7. Donsig is correct. Eyrei is correct. Others do have points, but we did have goals, and now is the time to secure them.

We waited all this time for IW, why would you want to wait until we built a temple so the borders could expand to get the iron? We need the swordsman now. You can't win a war with archers. You can do a lot of damage, but you need the swordsman to attack and defend. We can get the spices by wasting a worker on a colony, wasting hundreds of years (maybe thousands) on a border expansion may seal our doom.

Au contraire. The archer early assault is very successful. Ours is taking a tad longer than I'd like but still has a very high chance of success. If we do place a city to get the iron we have to be careful not to connect the iron to the capital until all of the warriors we want to upgrade to swords have been completed.

If we want to wage war against the aztecs, I think we should build our city on spot 7, a city built on that spot would be easily connected to Bavaria(only one terrain square is neededto be connected).

But if we're not in such a hurry we should take spot 1 to get the cow, and then get the spice + the iron spot in the mean time by taking spot 4.

City at #4, for Luxuries and Iron eventually.

Building on the Iron means a -3 production hit (you can't mine it!) This is a significant bonus loss.

Originally posted by Shaitan
Au contraire. The archer early assault is very successful. Ours is taking a tad longer than I'd like but still has a very high chance of success. If we do place a city to get the iron we have to be careful not to connect the iron to the capital until all of the warriors we want to upgrade to swords have been completed.

I'd rather spend our gold buying techs from other civs. I have high hopes for the archers but think we should be recruiting swordsmen even as the archers are en route to the Aztec lands.

Soon ill be taking the top 3 choices from this vote and making a fully binding poll

Originally posted by FionnMcCumhall
Soon ill be taking the top 3 choices from this vote and making a fully binding poll

And hopefully that one will reach quorum.:eek:

Top Bottom