1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Where to build roads

Discussion in 'Strategy Section' started by Melchizedek, May 14, 2020.

1. Melchizedek

Melchizedek Warlord

I'm new to this, and it seems like villages and towns benefit from being on roads. Does this affect where you place roads or even cities? If the shortest path between two cities cuts through a nice set of farm triangles, do you consider building longer roads for the sake of getting good village tiles on the roads? My guess is the road maintenance won't be worth it most of the time, but I don't have late game experience yet.

vyyt likes this.
  2. Favorius

Favorius I am not a Chief!

I do not care for farm triangles but build shortest route and place villages as much as possible on the road.

3. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

I absolutely do. Normally shortest is best, but if you can manage to squeeze in another village (that a TR runs over, that's key)….than its completely worth it.

Also, when preparing for war against a neighbor, you should spam roads on your border....I will often put one in every tile. I cannot overstate how much more powerful your army is when you can instantly swap units in and out because of the road network....I have engaged in an "unwinnable" war, made peace, built the road network, and on the next go around the war was a peace of cake.

andersw and vyyt like this.
  4. ryanmusante

ryanmusante Regular Supporter

I'm lazy, I leave workers on auto and let the AI decide. Usually they do clean cross sections.