Which AI Civ Can't You Stand?

Who can you not stand?

• Total voters
I hate spain. There all like "give me resource horse or die", and iam there like what your crappy archers are gonin to stop my musketmen. Then fives mins later spain no longer exists and every bodys happy.

isabella pouts far too much for my liking. and she declared war on me. then she got my friend ghengi to declare war on me-lying two faced grrrrrrrrrrrrr.i think isabella did her goldfish impression and promised to sleep with ghengi if he was mean to me.the nice inca people then offered to squish isabella for me, but didn't bother doing anything about 2 faced ghengi, and let him walk into my land-inca's defense is sieve-like. lovely people but somewhat inept.

LOL! The Aztecs and the Japanese: as Civ presents them, the non-stop bully and the knife-in-the-back. Does this surprise anyone?

My own choice was the Aztecs. :D

Spain is a problem for me because no mater the game when I play one with her in it she will declare war. Often times she will be no less than Friendly the turn before and wham, war. She seems not to care that she will die but on comes anyways.. I expact that from Mongols and Aztecs, but have learned to also expect that from Spain as well.

I just hate taking to Cathrine. Here look is too much of a challenge for me... and shes always hitting me when I demand techs form here. My vote go for the russians eventhouht it is possible to talk to Peter from time to time

Catherine: she's nice to look at but ALWAYS a pain in my backside! :rolleyes:

gram123 said:
I just hate taking to Cathrine. Here look is too much of a challenge for me... and shes always hitting me when I demand techs form here.
:lol: That's totally awesome!

Greeks, Romans - they war with me too much.
British - expand and grow too quickly

I can't stand a Roman neighbor. If they get iron they tend to get quite aggressive. Too demanding and too warlike. I will usually opt an early war against a Roman neighbor rather than let them get a strong foothold near my borders.

Forgot the Mongols who is possible the worst of them all. They are expansive and military. Wicht make them large and with huge military. I overrun by anyone it is allways the Gengis Khan who refuces to speak... GRR!

Gonna have to go with Tokagowa as well. King of the sneak attacks, even when he shares your religion....and I thought this time would be different :sad:

I find Montezuma to be the biggest bastard. Then again, that's why I like him. :D

Spain. As it is effectively impossible for anyone to have the same religion as Isabella, she is testy with everyone. Things are usually so bad that even by the time Freedom of Religion is an option, one or the other of us has already been taken out or, if we are both still playing, relations are so bad anyway that switching to Freedom of Religion doen't help much.

Funny that many people have a lot of problem with the Spainish. In my first full game, Spain was a nuisance for me while I was trying to deal with other problems.

But in my second full game, Spain actually provided the final votes I needed for a Diplomatic Victory. (And it only took a gifted Stealth Bomber).

My vote was for the Tokugawa. I play a builder/diplomatic style for most of the game. That's not to say I won't have a few wars along the way. But the modern era is when I begin to kick the butt of those who don't like me either for a diplomatic or the victory with population and land area.

Because Tokugawa refused to help my economy by open borders and refused to help my tech race, he gets my vote for most hated. In my last game he was my neighbor civ and the only one I came in contact with for the quite a while. He even had my religion as his state religion and he still wouldn't open the borders.

Tokugawa always has those juicy bananas and other wonderful resources and is unwilling to share them. I hate him for that. Montezuma is also very annoying, even though he's ultimately pretty harmless. If he's on the same continent as me, I'll eventually have to wipe him out, or at least batter him into obscurity, before I can have some peace. Mansa Musa is a nice guy who will trade technology even when no one else will, but he's a severe threat in space race and I don't like spaceship victory much. That makes him somewhat annoying.

Are different leaders really that different from each other? The manual says nothing about that except for the leader traits but those only affect civ-management, not their personality? Where can I find information about the personalities of the different leaders in the game? :confused:

I can't stand isabella. She's in every bloody game I play, and her religious obsession also ends up dividing the world and plunging it into numerous wars. She's WORSE than the warmonger nations because she's the only nation I've seen openly spreading her religion, causing trouble if you don't convert, and starting holy wars. The warmongers usually work by themselves, but Isabella likes to make a 'holy fortress' that is made from numerous nations on her side, and that continues to hurt whoever is outside of it.

It feels like she's always trying to start crusade.

I like Spain, Isabella puts up a good fight. The Indians have to be the worst, they just roll over and let you conquer them without much of a fight at all. It's not a challenge, it's a tedious step in my walk towards world domination, at least they could make it fun and fight back a little :)

With out a doubt Monty. I swear if that guy is in the game he comes looking for me. I can't figure out what I ever did to him but if he is in the game he can be half way around the world and he will declare war on me for no reason.
One game he was on my border and we were even trading, out of the clear blue he invades. After I take 2 of his cities he comes hat in hand asking for peace and I accept. 10 turns later he does the same thing, and after I take 2 more of his cities ask for peace again. This time I just rolled him and ended his pathic life :)
Now when ever I play if he is in the game I build up a big invasion force and just finish him of early. Why wait for him to come to me as I KNOW he will.

Top Bottom