Which Civilization is most annoying?

for me it is the Hittites. I am usually spitting out settlers so my defense is very thin. Those twits declare just because it is Wednesday.

India, India, India!
Gandhi is always quick to backstab. So unlike the real Gandhi.
"Peaceful India" indeed. Bah!
I make it a point to preemptively destroy India if I start near them.

Just a little bump: my least favorite is now officially the Incas. Pacha-whoozitz backstabbed me 3 different times in my latest monarch. He is now no more, of course, & I'm tempted to make him no more in every game that I see him raise his ugly mug--to the exclusion of everything else :lol:

kk

Kind of like my opinion of Gandhi. :D

Kind of like my opinion of Gandhi. :D

Yes, considering that the Indian civilization aggression slider is set to LESS aggressive, he seems to declare war at the drop of his hat.

However, in my past couple of games, the Aztecs have rapidly moving up the annoyance scale. That demand for workers to sacrifice is getting VERY IRRITATING.

I'm kind of irritated at the Zulu, I have to keep pushing them back into my Sumerian/Byzantine death crusade.

Tell you what, I promise to take out that back-stabbing Gandhi, those heart-stealing Aztecs, & the irritating Zulu every time I see them if you promise to eradicate double-dealing Pachawhootie every time you see him! :D

kk

Well, i dunno how i manage to do it, is it just me or is it normal, i always used to get really tough civs against me(yes the civs were random each game, not set as default).

I just play whatever and find Atzecs, Maya, Iraquois, Inca like each friggin game. Also get a lot of sumer, americans, russians, germans... and what the hell is up with carthagians, they are supposed to suck with their super-expensive UU. AI builds 2-3 of them for each city for defence, and anyway always somehow manages to become top3 civilization in you dont take them out early;/

So i would definetly say Iraqouis and Maya are far the most annoying, probably the strongest too, and the annoyance aplifyes if they spawn right next to you:pP Even if not, the most annoying thing i can read in game is: "The great wonder ### is finished in SALA-flipping-MANCA"!!!!:p Or Chitchen Itza, Palenque, Grand River or Niagara Falls:p

BUT if you would like to know which civ annoys me the most when i play it then its definetly Atzecs!!! I mean what the hell, they have jaguar warriors wich are usable at very beginning for warrior gambit of some sort, but whenever i play them, they are isolated from rest of the world. The closest civ is usually maya and when i get to them they already have bunch of spearmen and maybe even few archers...

Zulu and Egypt!

Zulu because they always declare war on me
and Egypt because it my first ever Civ3 game they beat my Tanks with their Knights :cry:

That'll happen, it's pretty annoying.

Tell you what, I promise to take out that back-stabbing Gandhi, those heart-stealing Aztecs, & the irritating Zulu every time I see them if you promise to eradicate double-dealing Pachawhootie every time you see him! :D

kk

Hmm, I must have been anticipating you, Snarkhunter, since I have been using the Incas for some nuclear target practice in one of my games. I always wanted to test those ICBMs on somebody, and the Incas killed a defenseless explorer without even complaining about him before trashing him in the middle of the desert. So, TARGET PRACTICE!!!!!:ar15:

Hmm, I must have been anticipating you, Snarkhunter, since I have been using the Incas for some nuclear target practice in one of my games. I always wanted to test those ICBMs on somebody, and the Incas killed a defenseless explorer without even complaining about him before trashing him in the middle of the desert. So, TARGET PRACTICE!!!!!:ar15:

Actually in my current (2nd) Emperor level game, Pacha & I (Byzzies--gotta love those dromons on 80% arch) are best buds. But by all means, don't let that stop you from EMPing him to crater glass :lol:

Aside: what this game REALLY needs is Project Orion. More I read about that thing, the better & way cooler it sounds :cool:

kk

Is it just me or is it that in every game the Inca start off next to you. Everytime I see a purple borderline, I die inside. :p

Actually in my current (2nd) Emperor level game, Pacha & I (Byzzies--gotta love those dromons on 80% arch) are best buds. But by all means, don't let that stop you from EMPing him to crater glass :lol:

Aside: what this game REALLY needs is Project Orion. More I read about that thing, the better & way cooler it sounds :cool:

kk

Snarkhunter, if I get out to DC anytime in the near future, we should set up a meet and chat. And I agree wholeheartedly about Project Orion. What better way to use up a lot of fissionable material than to use it to place a really big payload on Mars? Have you ever read any of H. Beam Piper? It would be cool to adapt his Down Styphon books to Civ3.

Snarkhunter, if I get out to DC anytime in the near future, we should set up a meet and chat. And I agree wholeheartedly about Project Orion. What better way to use up a lot of fissionable material than to use it to place a really big payload on Mars? Have you ever read any of H. Beam Piper? It would be cool to adapt his Down Styphon books to Civ3.

I've read a little Piper, but not the ones you are referring to. The most recent reference to Orion I've seen--not directly, but in concept--is Anathem, by Neal Stephenson. John MacPhee wrote a booklength biography/essay on Ted Taylor called The Curve of Binding Energy which is well worth reading; Taylor was an extraordinary physicist & bomb designer. And it has a nice long chunk on Orion. Seems incredible to think it could work, but when I read the Wiki explanation, it sounded down right reasonable. I could definitely see a CivIII project Orion instead of Apollo, with the spaceship parts being shock absorbers, pusher plates, coke-can delivery chutes, cosmic ray shielding, etc. I don't think the editor is that flexible, alas :crazyeye:

kk

Orion was a pretty cool idea, but using nukes for propulsion was too scary for the average citizen to imagine doing. Wherever it launched from would have glowed forever(though there are some places that might have deserved it). After all, a clean nuclear explosion is a very relative concept. Chalk it up as a scientifically valid but real-world impossible concept.

I've read a little Piper, but not the ones you are referring to. The most recent reference to Orion I've seen--not directly, but in concept--is Anathem, by Neal Stephenson. John MacPhee wrote a booklength biography/essay on Ted Taylor called The Curve of Binding Energy which is well worth reading; Taylor was an extraordinary physicist & bomb designer. And it has a nice long chunk on Orion. Seems incredible to think it could work, but when I read the Wiki explanation, it sounded down right reasonable. I could definitely see a CivIII project Orion instead of Apollo, with the spaceship parts being shock absorbers, pusher plates, coke-can delivery chutes, cosmic ray shielding, etc. I don't think the editor is that flexible, alas :crazyeye:

kk

I have MacPhee's Curve of Binding Energy, lots of very good stuff in there on designing nukes as well. It was the starting point I used during the summer I designed both a straight atomic bomb and a workable thermonuclear one. Interesting project that was. Jerry Pournelle also wrote quite a bit on it. My view was rather than launching from Earth Surface, start from Earth Orbit. But yes, it was one of those technologically feasible ideas that got killed by the reality of politics. Sort of like the Yucca Mountain Nuclear Storage Facility, the fast breeder reactor, and nuclear fuel reprocessing.

The last 2 being solutions to our energy problems and oil dependence that failed due to fear.

Top Bottom