Which Civilization is most annoying?

The last 2 being solutions to our energy problems and oil dependence that failed due to fear.

Give me controlled fusion any day--if it's good enough for the Sun, it's good enough for me :D (And, as I read in my physics text, it's shocking how little H+ actually fuses at any given moment!) Either that, or else get out the dilithium & antimatter :lol: There's another CIV3 improvement that would be fun, fusion--or is it already in there? My games usually don't last very long in the modern era because I rarely go for a spaceship victory. So I don't remember the techs very well. Seems like it ought to be in one of the tech lines. . . .

As for Orion--since we can't have it in Civ3--yes, you'd have to build it in orbit. Or launch it from Antarctica. Or, perhaps, assemble it on the Moon, with lunar factories supplying most of the parts. Anorthosite runs 6% titanium, more than most earth sources; bound to be useful for something. . . .

kk

Any Civilization that launches a nuke at me and doesnt get war declared on it by every other country in the game! Thats the most annoying.

Annoying is any time I declare war and find good defenders manning my intended targets. I end up losing alot of units for little or no progress.

Tell you what, I promise to take out that back-stabbing Gandhi, those heart-stealing Aztecs, & the irritating Zulu every time I see them if you promise to eradicate double-dealing Pachawhootie every time you see him! :D

kk

Snarkhunter, I now have a better appreciation of your view of the Incas. I set them as one of the opponents in my current game on Swargey's Archipelago map, suitably modified by yours truly. I put in a city on the south side of the largest island to get the ivory resource for the Statue of Zeus, and next thing I know, the Incas are planting cities just about on top of mine, and his starting point is on the north side of the island and he has to march through China to reach me. I just got to my modified Monarchy government, so I have started a war earlier than I have ever touched one off, just to get rid of him.

The Aztecs are also moving up my annoyance list very quickly. They were my nearest neighbors playing on another archipelago map (Ocean World, see custom map forum), and decided to park a galley right next to my capitol city. I asked Monty three times, very politely, to move it, and three times he assured me that it would move. Didn't move one tile. So now the Aztecs are no more, as Tenochtitlan fell to a combination of suicidal Knights, very tough Swiss Mercenaries, and a really nasty Army of Templars. The surviving Aztec citizens are now all happy citizens of the Dutch Empire.

The Inca just topped my list. I was fighting a good old fashioned, large-scale, bitter war with the Aztecs, just throwing all my forces at them, going along at that pace without issue.

And then Sapa douche bag decides "Oh look, here are some Byzantine resource colonies that just aren't very well defended right now. I'm going to take all of their coal and rubber now! DOW!"

Fighting wars are very hard if the other guys can build infantry, and you just lost all your rubber.

The Inca just topped my list. I was fighting a good old fashioned, large-scale, bitter war with the Aztecs, just throwing all my forces at them, going along at that pace without issue.

And then Sapa douche bag decides "Oh look, here are some Byzantine resource colonies that just aren't very well defended right now. I'm going to take all of their coal and rubber now! DOW!"

Fighting wars are very hard if the other guys can build infantry, and you just lost all your rubber.

Moral of the story: Never leave your colonies undefended. Seriously, having been through that a couple of time, mainly due to marauding barbarians, I have taken to building fortresses on all colonies, and then putting at least 3 good defensive units in each fortress to avoid problems. It is expensive, but then, so is fighting a war. I tend to go overboard on making sure everything that I have is well-defended.

When I'm not playing the Aztecs, Montezuma is annoying.... he just does what ever he wants, if he wants some of your cities he'll just declare war like its nothing. When you meet him he "notices your cute little civilization"

Bismark, Shaka, Hiawatha follow closely.. in a lot of games, when they don't start out next to me, the other AIs let them grow into a headace. So much for the pipe of peace lol.

Snarkhunter, I now have a better appreciation of your view of the Incas. I set them as one of the opponents in my current game on Swargey's Archipelago map, suitably modified by yours truly. I put in a city on the south side of the largest island to get the ivory resource for the Statue of Zeus, and next thing I know, the Incas are planting cities just about on top of mine, and his starting point is on the north side of the island and he has to march through China to reach me. I just got to my modified Monarchy government, so I have started a war earlier than I have ever touched one off, just to get rid of him.

Ah, another convert to the anti-Inca Way of Life! :lol:

In this my 3rd emperor attempt, with Vikings, Honest Abe, Jerkxes, & Alex have emerged as major pests. However, revenge is sweet: in my 2nd elite combat, I genned what has become the 1st Beserks Army. Jerks is off my island as a result; unfortunately I'm stuck with galleys for some time to come. The whole idea was to try a spot of amphib warfare, but the tech pace is so rapid among my enemies I might not get a chance to do much with it. . . but I'm just itching for a chance to deal it to those clowns :mad:

kk

For some reason I play against the Inca everytime whenever I set it to all random. I think my conquests is mocking me :sad:

Top Bottom