Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Grapa, Sep 26, 2010.
I like Alexander's, Askia's and Montezuma's the best. Germany and Russia's are rather boring.
I like Catherine tits so I voted for her
Askia, for sure. The background looks amazing, and despite the fact that he's holding a weapon with a burning, sieged city behind him, the guy still manages to come off as quite friendly. I think it's the music, which is fantastic.
Worst is Catherine. That weird, skinny nose really bothers me.
Montezuma's is awe inspiring... It is by far the best one, and the only that got a smile of wonder from me when I first saw it.
Just saw Askia for the first time and it's easily my fave so far. Still haven't seen like a 3rd of em though.
Askia's wowed me the first time I saw it, so he wins hands down for me. Montezuma's a trailing second because of the atmosphere around his scene.
They're all very nice, though.
Go for the hot babe, did you, tenhole?
signed, especially for that 'still looks friendly' part.
he absolutely looks amazing (or, better the background does)
followed by babylon and montezuma.
Montezuma is awesome. He scares my as hell if he is the first leader i met. Catherine, and bismarc are great as well. I like the change with wu zetion without the breasts popping out.
Montezuma is great, and the masses of voices you can slightly hear make me really scared of proposing a bad business deal to him.
It makes me feel that, if I'm doing something wrong, those grumbling masses will instantly put me on a stick and burn me in the next campfire or something like that..
1. Montezuma. His delivery and posturing are quite evocative, plus the jeering crowd really brings the diplomacy alive.
2. Ramkhamhaeng. The scene is just so beautiful and pixel-perfect. And the leader is so charismatic and friendly! Alas, I failed to protect him from Russia in my last game...
3. Rome. Caesar's attitude is just so classic. He looks jaded and bored with everything, and when you declare war on him he says something like "I see your brains are as weak as your armies" (I never studied latin but this is the impression I get)
Japan is probably my biggest disappointment, since I speak Japanese. Nobunaga's character just... isn't quite what I imagined from reading history books.
I like Monty's animation. He looks like he is going to kill you.
Oda is armed to the teeth, a two handed sword on one side a one hander on the other and another on his back.
Askia is pretty cool. But I must ask him "Um... You do realize your capital is on fire?"
I don't think that's Askia's capital, just an enemy city.
Askia is one of the best I have ever seen in any games, so scary and real. Aztecs look like a Scooby-Doo cartoon.
Voted Hiawatha, because it is the best i have seen so far... 1) he does not look like your typical civ leader, and 2) I met him in montreal which is the city I live in, so I had a thought about how different this place would have looked if history has not been so cruel to his people.
- Elisabeth never smiles even when you are very friendly with her
- Suleiman... what's up with the perspective? I feel like being Alice in wonderland and just drank the shrinking potion.
- Siem... he needs a better background, he looks lost out there in the wilderness. Get some bodyguards dude, it's not safe out there with all the bling you got on.
- Bismark, yuk.. probably the worst of them. Hiding any WMD, buddy?
- Napoleon, the mist and everything... not bad... but c'mon, he's french.
- Alexander, he looks too cute and happy on his horse... like a spoiled 8 year girl that got her first poney.
- Wu Zetian, not bad actually, but i expected many would vote for her and the underdogs need some loving too.
- Caesar is just depressing, sitting there in the dark looking down... every time i go talk to him i expect to find him pointing a revolver at his own head, about to end it all.
Monty with Napoleon close behind.
I think that he's not as miserable as he is bored.
Buff Gandhi FTW!
I think Caesar's fits perfectly. Augustus always seemed like a scheming sociopath. It matches his personality I think.
Separate names with a comma.