Which mods should I use?

Hi! I cant get the bug mod to work for, so ill just write down how I installed it, and hopefully someone can tell me what im doing wrong...

Im playing on a Macbook Pro btw...

1. Downloaded BUGMod_4.4.zip
2. Unzipped it and extracted the folder to my desktop
3. Copied the folder
4. Found my Beyond the Sword folder in my documents
5. Created a MODS file in the Beyond the Sword folder
6. Pasted BUGMod_4.4 in the MODS folder
7. Ran the game and found the Bugmod in Mods inside the game
8. The game restarts and everything looks as normal
9. I create a custon game and when it starts I lack the entire interface...

Please help!! If u haven figured it out already, im not very good with computers so be kind :)

royolini:

Do you have any mods installed in CustomAssets? Some mods don't like BUG and give you the missing interface.

What version of OSX are you running?

Was there a Readme file in the Zip package? If so, did you follow the directions in it? If not, I can post or email you the instructions in it.

If you did follow the Readme instructions and are not running another mod, you are probably seeing the result of a command intended for Windows which is not needed in Mac OSX but causes the problem that you are seeing. The solution to this is as follows:

You have to edit the Python file:

/Applications/Civilization IV/Beyond the Sword/Mods/BUG Mod/Assets/Python/BUG/BugUtil.py

and delete line 699. If you don't have a text editor with line numbers, just search for, and delete, the line:

newFunc.__name__ = function.__name__

You can use TextEdit to do it. That should fix the problem. (don't forget to save the file after editing it)

Thanks so much for the help s.bernbaum, that worked perfectly! Would never figured that out for myself so... :) Ive read that most player cant really play without the BUGMOD, it really makes everything alot easier!
Have a nice day!

Hey, I use the BUG mod but I was wondering if I should also use BULL. As mentioned, BULL apparently also adds the unofficial Civ4 patch. The problem is that I can't find out what is actually changed in that patch. It appears there's no actual description of what the patch does on the website: http://civ4patch.sourceforge.net/

I understand it's just general bug fixes and game improvements but I'd still like to see a changelog to decide if it's something I want to incorporate in my game, since I'm usually a very vanilla purist when it comes to games and I don't want anything that detracts from the original "spirit" of Civ4.

I understand it's just general bug fixes and game improvements but I'd still like to see a changelog to decide if it's something I want to incorporate in my game, since I'm usually a very vanilla purist when it comes to games and I don't want anything that detracts from the original "spirit" of Civ4.
If anything, it improves the spirit of the game.

Basically, the patch fixes the things that Firaxis broke when they made the 3.19 patch. (Read: mistakes left in.) That patch was a good thing, but there were some coding mistakes. The UP just mostly fixes those, and any changes to the actual game play are very minimal.

I recommend C2C (Cavemen 2 Cosmos) if you have an awesome computer, but if not, you should probably get AND (A New Dawn).
Even dual maps in C2C will cause MAFs (Memory Allocation Failures).

After all these years C2C gave me that good old civ feeling back.
So much options, so much diversity, etc.
Here are some screenshots of C2C Version25 :

The barb animals not only look beautiful, but they will provide so much more than only XPs.
They will give bonusses to hammers, food, happiness, special buildings, etc.

Early overexpansion leads to city revolts and maybe eventually a new civ; another great mechanic :

Poland has arisen from a barbarian city.

At some point in the game cities can work tiles in the third ring.
There's also a small chance resources will pop up, not only from mines, but also from farms and jungle.

An excellent mod, but you'll need a very powerful computer. :(
(Around 0 AD, starting prehistoric, I couldn't continue playing because of the continuing MAFs)

Yeah, when I played C2C (before my game started to constantly crash during the Renaissance and take 5 minutes for a turn to load), I rushed wonders all the time. :D

Top Bottom