Which of these is an alulu and which is a paka?

Well? (Read the first post.)

• A is an alulu. B is a paka.

Votes: 12 20.0%
  • B is an alulu. A is a paka.

Votes: 48 80.0%

• Total voters

WillJ

Coolness Connoisseur
Your mission, if you choose to accept, is to assign each of these blue figures (seen in the picture below) a name, alulu and paka. So which one is which, in your opinion? I decided to break CFC OT tradition and not have an "other" option in the poll; you must choose one or the other.

No, this is not meant to be a spam thread, but rather it is meant to be an online reproduction of a psychological study. If you're fairly smart or if you've read about it before, the meaning of this study might be immediately apparent to you, but don't let that affect your decision.

B= alulu
A= paka
when would we get to know what the study shows?

stratego said:
when would we get to know what the study shows?
I guess whenever interest dies down and the thread goes to page 3 of OT.

And don't get too excited; the hidden meaning isn't that amazing.

Am I the only one who looks at that and sees a laughing, aroused male dog?

Dumb pothead said:
You obviously have issues with your mother.

Dumb pothead said:
Which one? The alulu or the paka?

stratego said:
Which one? The alulu or the paka?
Forget the 'A' and the 'B' and look at it as one image;)

You obviously have issues with your mother.
We were in issue #148 'Spiderman versus Hulk' together.

Dumb pothead said:
We were in issue #148 'Spiderman versus Hulk' together.
:lol: At least it wasn't a swimsuit issue.

I chose A = paka and B = alulu because paka is a harsh sounding word, and A is all jaggedy, whereas alulu is a "smooth" sounding word, and B is nice and smooth.

Mise said:
I chose A = paka and B = alulu because paka is a harsh sounding word, and A is all jaggedy, whereas alulu is a "smooth" sounding word, and B is nice and smooth.

This is also what I would choose, instinctively, because of the same reasons. :)

Manverulin said:
Zeekater said:
Mise said:

This is also what I would choose, instinctively, because of the same reasons.
Same here
Me too.

This creates a triple quote. :D

Mise said:

i agree-10charateres now

fazzoletti said:
Same here. I voted directly after reading the first post. This similarity between us is scary...

You have no idea how much your mind can play tricks on you ;)
These sorts of things are very important in the commercial businesses, making things so your subconscious likes it, so you will buy it.
Example: it has been proven that most people like their windows shaped so that the relation between the sides is equal to a special number (e, IIRC), freaky stuff.

Zeekater said:
These sorts of things are very important in the commercial businesses, making things so your subconscious likes it, so you will buy it.
Example: it has been proven that most people like their windows shaped so that the relation between the sides is equal to a special number (e, IIRC), freaky stuff.

Do you mean the golden rectangle used by the ancient Greeks?

Zeekater said:
I'm not sure, but I believe it's a ratio of (1 + √5)/2 : 1 or something. That's 1.618 : 1.

A4 paper also has an interesting ratio, √2 : 1, such that if you half the longer side, you get the same ratio!
i.e. (√2)/2 : 1
= 1/(√2) : 1
= 1 : √2

And fazzoletti is right, it's the golden ratio for the 1.618:1 thing.

You can calculate it somehow. It is a repetitive series (I'm not native sorry): T(x)=T(x-1) + T(x-2). I remember you have to use the ratio to calculate it, but forget the complete procedure.

Top Bottom