1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Which settings make a better "Snaky Continents" map?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by LoneDragon, Sep 1, 2018.

1. LoneDragon

LoneDragon Warlord

Fractal with high sea level, Island Plates with low sea level, or Archipelago with low sea level?

2. Forster

Forster Prince

Don't know, but you might ask in the mod forum or on steam. I suspect it will probably be determined by the random number chosen to create the game. It might be one of the digits or a pair that determines the shape. You could try experimenting with that random number.

3. qadams

qadams Bohemian

Get the Detailed Worlds mod on Steam and try their Archipelago map setting. I just played a game that way and had some excellent snaky continents. :cool:

4. Aristos

Aristos Lightseeker

Even Fractal with High Seas always produces a Pangea. I don't know what's wrong with fractal, since it worked perfectly fine in Four and Five, but...

5. Trav'ling Canuck

Trav'ling Canuck Deity

I don't know one way or the other, but it wouldn't surprise me if the code for map generation in Civ 6 needed to be written from scratch, i.e. couldn't carry forward what worked in prior versions of the game.

6. Bitterman

Bitterman Warlord

I would really like a map type like continents but with some medium-large isles spread around so one could colonize. Those isles could have more resources than usual too to encourage colonization.

7. God of Kings

God of Kings Ruler of all heads of state

You mean like the Terra map script in Civ V?

It's not officially in Civ VI, but there's a mod that adds that feature.

8. Leathaface

Leathaface Emperor

I'd really like a map like this. Plus if you go for Cartography early you'd be rewarded with getting the first cities on those isles.