1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

While-U-Wait

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by retro V, Oct 13, 2006.

1. retro V

retro V Prince

Assuming everyone's been studying the changelog with an anal retention to detail that's bordering on OCD, what are you most looking forward to and what will be the settings for your first game?

For me, it's got to be an archi map to try out the new boats. Making sure the Svartalfar and Doviello are among the AIs, to see how they own. Dunno what civ to pick myself, though. Part of me wants a financial civ to bag those free GPs before anyone else, the other part wants to see the new effects brought on by the Lanun gender-sensitive diplomacy :rolleyes:

OK, Falamar it is, cos of the new heroes. Raging barbs, pray I find Orthus before someone kills him.:please:

Who's got other plans?

2. Frozen-Vomit

Frozen-Vomit Prince

Definetly Perpetach now that insanity works

3. Azragaul

Azragaul Chieftain

I usually start a new version on Noble, Standard, Fractal Map with the Elves just to try out the new features. This usually last until my score is out of hand and there is no hope for the AI to catch me. This version I may very well start out with Lunan because of the water. Either way I am very excited to try .16

4. naf4ever

naf4ever Dread Lord

Im curious if aristocracy has been improved.

5. retro V

retro V Prince

Ooo, Perpentach, for the Gypsy camps too, that sounds cool.

Lanun are very different to play, they are nearly useless without lots of available coastal sites. Even then production suffers. I played them once before but was tempted to use the WB to mess around with the map so I could put in pirate coves to make canals. Once you start cheating it's easy to lose interest. I got to be more vigilant this time :lol:

6. TheJopa

TheJopa Šumar

I was thinking hard about this. And I thought Lanun, but then I might follow Frozen-Vomit and play Perpentach. Well, I probably will play him.

7. Alchemistor

Alchemistor Chieftain

I've recently been into standard fractal map, 3 or 4 civs, raging barbs, price level, and aggressive AI. Don't think that will change much with 0.16.

The game I had greatest enjoyment out of was with this setting. I was the Sheaim sharing a continent with Ljosalfar and we had a very long intense duel that could have gone either way at any point. In the end, my 4 conjurors with Nightmares gradually wore down the elves by pillaging their lands. Then my Severus was able to raze their cities one at a time.

8. retro V

retro V Prince

The elves are a ***** to play against. Even on Prince no doubt. On emporer levels, the elves are always twice as far ahead of the other AI in scores.

9. Nero's fire

Nero's fire Warlord

You think the elves are bad, trying having the hippus sneak attack you, In one turn they can level half your cities, especially if they boat drop there horse guys onto your coast. That is unless you keep atleast 6 crossbowmen in each of your cities.

10. Sureshot

Sureshot Goddess

i love having the elves in my games, i always steal a worker or two early on from them, then kill their settlers for more, and then i have all their advantages and none of their disadvantages heh, i love having those dwarves in my games too, getting their unpillageable mines helps out

11. retro V

retro V Prince

No need to fantasise anymore, it's out! So...

-closed :lol:

12. Frozen-Vomit

Frozen-Vomit Prince

well - waiting to download and during download now...

13. jselsmark

jselsmark FFH2 Fanatic

Aw... closed already???

But I still have 10 more minutes of waiting in queue before my download starts :cry:

Well... just to let u all know... Guybrush Threepwood is my most inticipated hero... that guy rules!

14. TheJopa

TheJopa Šumar

Nine minutes... Major plans:
    Wait 9 more minutes
    Download it (Dunno how long will it take)
    Run home
    Install it
    If somebody asks for me tommorow, I'm sick
    Will try to go out on saturday however
    But then...

15. Xanikk999

Xanikk999 History junkie

As soon as i download the mod i am going to add the 1+ hammers to towns back with arcane lore.

I wish i knew how to add heridetery rule back.. I dont know why they took that civic out. :(

16. Sureshot

Sureshot Goddess

ya, i thought hereditary rule +1 happiness per military unit was being added to aristocracy to make aristocrcy actually used.. but sadly no, it doesnt appear that way from the screenshot i saw, so ill be sticking with godking or city states

17. Kael

Kael Deity

Be sure to post in the balance recommendations when you have had a chance to play with it. When Aussie Lurker did his analysis he recommended that the +1 happy per military unit be moved to military state (which I see I didn't get checked in). But try it out and see what you think.

18. Nikis-Knight

Nikis-Knight Deity

Did Guybrush keep his singing, or was that just to keep Kael amused while he tested? ;)

19. Kael

Kael Deity

Nope, thats still in. He just wouldnt be guybrush if he didnt sing pirate songs.

20. eerr

eerr Emperor

"suddenly the forum goes real quiet as the week ends, and all ffh lovers have found a new present in thier goody boxes..."