While you wait for Civ5...

Well, as I see Civ5 structure is very similiar to Civ4, so new civs would be very easily to be added. Only two problems are leaderheads and voices for them, but who cares - static images IMO are ok for early placeholders, aren't they? Maybe RFC for civ5 would start already with Spain, Mongolia, Netherlands, Portugal, Scandinavia and even more, why not? ;)

But we have no leaderhead (leaderbody? :lol:), unit etc. graphics for Spain. So why use Babylonia? It'll be like making a civ from scratch anyway.

Kaels celts mod uses a Boudicia from civ 4. However he uses barbarian skins for the Uniqu Units so I don't know what you'd do there.

Ok, I've started a game on the huge Earth map, I'm pretty sure it's the same size as the RFC map but it feels bigger. It also looks a lot more like Earth.
I started in the middle of the Amazon so I havn't had a chance to see Europe yet. I'm expecting Europe will need to be enlarged.
I feel I would be able to play RFC on this map.

There will have to be more civ's otherwise it's just not gonna work.

There will have to be more civ's otherwise it's just not gonna work.

It worked in vanilla civ 4. But yes more civs is nice, but I don't think we need them right away when we have city states as placeholders.

But it didn't have Portugal and Netherlands, but they were still there.

Spain is the least of my worries... What about asia? with china only competing with Siam it will be big trouble in little siberia within the middle ages

china was always the biggest problem in all earth maps in civ4 besides rhyes (cause rhye doesn't make crapmaps). Within 1300 China was HUGE, and had a military that could take out anyone. Spain can be replaced by a flag or something similar, as long as there is a unique unit and building the animation doesn't matter. but China has to have a roof.. and preferably a Yurt roof.. ;)

Of all the civs missing from Civ V I think Mongolia is the one to be least worried about. The Eurasian nomads have always been better represented as barbarians. Having this Mongol superpower occupying a third of Asia in 1900 AD is one of the biggest absurdities of RFC. Waves of steppe invaders should pop up around their historical dates (Huns, Turks, Mongols, Manchus), pose a severe risk of collapsing nearby civs, then disappear.

The Rhye giveth, the Rhye taketh away :crazyeye:

can't say the same about vanilla Civ5 though.

About the cities again: have one in North America this time to spice up play as Aztecs and colonizers, possibly Cahokia (700AD or 1000AD)

About the cities again: have one in North America this time to spice up play as Aztecs and colonizers, possibly Cahokia (700AD or 1000AD)

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the Mississipi culture die out due to European plagues with out ever meeting any of the civs that would be featured in RFC?
Mayan cities are about all we can get for the Aztecs.

I would like to see a Siam surrounded by city states so that they can put their unique power to use. Aside from the obvious Pagan and Singapore, maybe a Jakarta city state?

Same goes for Greece. Maybe include a Cretan city state so that the Greek expansion routes are not too clogged up.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the Mississipi culture die out due to European plagues with out ever meeting any of the civs that would be featured in RFC?
Mayan cities are about all we can get for the Aztecs.

Yes. More importantly, they weren't a civilization. If you were to represent every archaeologically-attested chiefdom as a civ/city state, the actual civilizations would have nowhere to expand. Europe would be literally full of them from before the game even starts. Besides, what do you call the cities, units, leaders, etc. of cultures that there are no written records of? "Cahokia" is the name of a 17th century Illiniwek clan that happened to live in the general area of the mound. Having a city called that in the 10th century would be like calling Carthage "Banu Hilal".

I would like to see a Siam surrounded by city states so that they can put their unique power to use. Aside from the obvious Pagan and Singapore, maybe a Jakarta city state?

Same goes for Greece. Maybe include a Cretan city state so that the Greek expansion routes are not too clogged up.
We could always change the UPs....

We could always change the UPs....

Agreed, changing or at least modifying UPs would allow us to control how certain civs excel at certain things. But the AI coding would need to be changed to deal with it (The AIs are coded to make use of their UPs, arn't they?)

Top Bottom