Whitefire's Challenge - American Empire

Whitefire

Emperor
For those who choose to accept, your goal will be to build the current American Empire before time runs out. The challenge, however, is to dominate militarily, economically, politically and diplomatically.

Conditions for Victory

Military
  • Directly control or Vassalize Guam, American Samoa, Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico.
  • Have at least 3 Navy Seals, Bombers, and/or Battleships (any combination is acceptable) in all cities that correspond to current US military presence. Reference See the second post for more clarification.
  • Control the Manhattan Project and The Pentagon

Economic

• Control The Channel Tunnel, The Three Gorges Dam and The Internet.
  • Have #1 GNP.
  • Have at east a 4 star Economy stability rating.
  • Control all Corporation HQs.

Cultural
  • Control all 3 hapiness wonders.
  • Have a broadcast tower in every city.
  • Have all the current area claimed by the 50 states in your cultural boundaries.

Diplomatic

• Must be the Secretary General.
  • Must have at least a 4 star Foreign stability rating.
  • You must have at least 4 Defensive Pacts
  • No AI civ can be running State Property or Police State

Rules

• You may never adopt Police State or Sate Property
  • You may adopt any other civic or religion you wish.
  • You may not declare war on any AI nation (Independents are OK).
  • However, you may declare on any Old World nation (Spain, England, France, Portugal, Germany, Rome, Greece, Vikings, Russia and The Netherlands) if they violate the Monroe Doctrine.
  • Also, you may intercede on a nation's behalf if they ask you to declare war.
  • All other diplomatic options are fair game.
  • You may not raze cities.
  • You may not control cities outside of the listed US possessions.

Settings

Monarch difficulty, you may use either the unlocked 3000 BC or 600 AD starts for this. YOU MAY NOT SWITCH TO THE AMERICAN CIV AFTER PLAYING AS A ANOTHER CIV FIRST. The point of this is to be a challenge. Anyone can settle Washington and New York, fill it with units and wonders, then jump to America. Also, indicate which start you chose for you game (3000 BC or 600 AD) and which version you are playing (Vanilla, Warlords or BTS).

Ad most importantly of all, this is meant to be for fun, so don't worry if you fail to complete all the requirements. Post your save, some pictures and a little description of your game for the rest of us. Let us spread Democracy together!:ar15:

Have at least 3 Navy Seals, Bombers, and/or Battleships (any combination is acceptable) in all cities that correspond to current US military presence.

Since this can be rather prohibitive, I will count all tiles a city claims with it's culture as part of the coverage of the garrison. So, a city with 80% culture would claim all tiles 4 away from the city. Thus, the garrison in that city would count as covering all that area. Bonus points to anyone who garrisons every city in that map. Also note, that only countries with a military presence on the map provided are counted. Territories indicated with, "Use of military facilities." can be ignored. Also, if the area is not colonized by the AI, you are not required to build a city for the military presence requirement (Although American protectorates must be colonized or covered in American Culture).

Well, I routinely do some of the things you ask for (being pacifist I don't build nearly as much military):

Military
  • Control the Manhattan Project and The Pentagon

Economic

• Control The Channel Tunnel, The Three Gorges Dam and The Internet.
  • Have #1 GNP.
  • Have at east a 3 star Economy stability rating.
  • Control at least 2 Corporation headquarters.

Cultural
  • Control all 3 hapiness wonders. (Hollywood, Wembley and RocknRoll)
  • Have a broadcast tower in every city. (done by building Eiffel Tower)
  • Have all the current area claimed by the 50 states in your cultural boundaries. (Well, Alaska is just impossible in some places (the western most part I mean)

Diplomatic

• Must be the Secretary General.
  • Must have at least a 3 star Diplomatic stability rating.
  • You must have at least 4 Defensive Pacts (almost impossible in the current patch unless you count vassals too)

Goodness, yes. We're coming to save the goshdarn day, by jingo.

cool. I'd actually love to watch a 1v1 (MP) Whitefire vs Pacifist. Or even call Abegweit back here to challenge you two

I would probably lose big time (since I never build any stacks), unless no war is enabled. :lol:
I'm going on vacation in 2 weeks (to Poland), plus I'm eagerly waiting for my copy of EU:Rome so no time. (Genghis Pope sounds interesting BTW)

After further thought (and some turns of playing), I decided that making the challenge harder would make it more historical and fun.

Changes

Economy star rating of 4
Foreign star rating of 4
Control all Corporation capitals
No AI civ can be running State Property or Police State
You may never adopt Police State or Sate Property

The major change is to the civics, since you can draft out a large number of military units from the excess population and avoid much of the cost of expansion overseas.

eagerly waiting for my copy of EU:Rome

Likewise! (Although I am happy to have some free time and may try this too!) Thanks for mentioning it in that other thread. I never got past the first 20 minutes of regular EU3, but I like the ancient setting better. It looks awesome.

Why no police state? It's pretty close now...

That's not historical though. The US supply(ed) the arms to a number of regimes to operate a Police state.

True, but the point is to make the diplomatic requirement more difficult. Just like there are plenty of ahistorical UHV requirements.

Indeed, there are plenty of UHV requirements which go beyond history. I took aim at one small bit of your opening line:

After further thought (and some turns of playing), I decided that making the challenge harder would make it more historical and fun.

I'm up for this challenge. After recently finishing all the UHVs on Monarch, I've been looking for a new challenge. My first was to try on Emperor and I'm currently playing through Russia. I think I can get the UHV though, mostly an issue of building the Apollo Program in time - but there is plenty of time.

I need to update the wiki on my recent experience with the American UHV, so playing again with America would be good for this also. Just to be clear, could you please post the revised challenge targets Whitefire?

I didn't know the USA controlled the Channel Tunnel...

Changes to remove non-American components (such as building Wembley, Three Gorges Dam, Channel Tunnel, etc) for the various wonder requirements and added Apollo Program and Space Elevator and use of a Great Spy in your capital (FBI). I will be attempting this slightly altered version below.

For those who choose to accept, your goal will be to build the current American Empire before time runs out. The challenge, however, is to dominate militarily, economically, politically and diplomatically.

Conditions for Victory

Military
  • Directly control or Vassalize Guam, American Samoa, Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico
  • Have at least 3 Navy Seals, Bombers, and/or Battleships (any combination is acceptable) in all cities that correspond to current US military presence. Reference See the second post for more clarification.
  • Build the Manhattan Project and The Pentagon
  • Use a Great Spy to build their special building in your capital
Economic

• Build The Internet, Apollo Program and Spave Elevator
  • Have #1 GNP
  • Have at east a 4 star Economy stability rating
  • Control all Corporation HQs
Cultural
  • Build Hollywood and RocknRoll
  • Have a broadcast tower in every city
  • Have all the current area claimed by the 50 states in your cultural boundaries
Diplomatic

• Be UN Secretary General.
  • Must have at least a 4 star Foreign stability rating
  • Have at least 4 Defensive Pacts
  • No AI civ can be running State Property or Police State
Rules

• You may never adopt Police State or State Property
  • You may adopt any other civic or religion you wish
  • You may not declare war on any AI nation (Independents are OK).
  • You may declare on any Old World nation (Spain, England, France, Portugal, Germany, Rome, Greece, Vikings, Russia and The Netherlands) if they violate the Monroe Doctrine
  • You may intercede on a nation's behalf if they ask you to declare war
  • All other diplomatic options are fair game
  • You may not raze cities
  • You may not control cities outside of the listed US possessions
Settings

Monarch difficulty, you may use either the unlocked 3000 BC or 600 AD starts for this. YOU MAY NOT SWITCH TO THE AMERICAN CIV AFTER PLAYING AS A ANOTHER CIV FIRST. The point of this is to be a challenge. Anyone can settle Washington and New York, fill it with units and wonders, then jump to America. Also, indicate which start you chose for you game (3000 BC or 600 AD) and which version you are playing (Vanilla, Warlords or BTS).

Ad most importantly of all, this is meant to be for fun, so don't worry if you fail to complete all the requirements. Post your save, some pictures and a little description of your game for the rest of us. Let us spread Democracy together!:ar15:

It doesn't. However, America has historically been a leader in the realm of research and innovation, which controlling the Channel Tunnel represents.

Here I have to disagree. The day that the US agrees to adopt SI units of measurement they can begin to contemplate being associated with scientific research and innovation. Until that day, no.

Top Bottom