1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Who else is refraining from hanging out in Civ forums?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by stethnorun, Sep 29, 2010.

1. CharlieM

CharlieM Creative, Spiritual

All those who say you are staying away from the forums until things calm down ....

should not be reading or responding to this thread.

My brain hurts. ;)

2. Lemon Merchant

Lemon Merchant Forum Buzzkill Super Moderator

I've largely abandoned the entire Civ5 forum because of the incessant high schoolish bickering. I prefer to concentrate on learning to play the game, and trying hard to like it.

There is virtually not much point in posting here right now, since pretty much any view is immediately shouted down. It's no wonder some of the "Big Boys" are staying away from here. There is a conspicuous absence of long time forum members who are not posting in this forum, which can hardly be surprising considering the adolescent attitudes on display.

3. Craftsman

Craftsman Chieftain

Well, I have purchased Civ5 and I am not happy with it at this moment. It has a lot of potential, but it also needs a lot of (re)work.

As my "Join Date" shows, I have been lurking around here for a long time, but I have decided to participate more after Civ5 was launched. Unfortunately, it has lots of issues that I was willing to talk about around here, in a constructive way.

But I have changed my mind because some people just don't want to accept that this new version is (still) flawed and incomplete. Not forever, I hope. But for now, it is.

So, as I was saying, instead of posting about objective and clear game problems and reading replies about how I am resistent to changes, don't like/know how to play strategic games, or how I am a hater of the Civ franchise (which, by the way, I play since 1997 - isn't this your birth year, my friend?), I will just sit back, stop contributing and let my Civ5 license resting for a couple of years.

Thanks for your time!

Best regards!