Who is playing 3.5

buck beach

Prince
Curious too see how other folks are presently doing. Even at Noble the game kicks me in the teeth.

New features (???) overwhelming but interesting. The cities revolting and forming another Civ a real surprise. Anyway would really like to see who is playing and some current tips as to how to play.

Buck

Well, i play all of the civ iv mods and checking for updates just about every week :)
Because i can t really program myself i only make some changes in the xml code after my own ideas.

Can't access Relism invictus page to look for 3.5 nor the actual version...

I would like to, but there's one thing that this mod lacks, and it's a very crucial one. The worst thing in Civ IV is the stack of doom. And RI does not remove it. In my opinion the RI's stack penalties are not working - AI still uses stacks of doom (I've seen more than 100 enemy units on one tile once) and even with those penalties they tend to be unstoppable. There is UPT mechanic available (A New Dawn has it) - it gives the ability to set the number of units per tile (15 or 20 is perfect to me) and it finally removes stacks of doom, forever. Realism Invictus merged with UPT limit would be the best Civ IV mod out there.

I would like to, but there's one thing that this mod lacks, and it's a very crucial one. The worst thing in Civ IV is the stack of doom. And RI does not remove it. In my opinion the RI's stack penalties are not working - AI still uses stacks of doom (I've seen more than 100 enemy units on one tile once) and even with those penalties they tend to be unstoppable. There is UPT mechanic available (A New Dawn has it) - it gives the ability to set the number of units per tile (15 or 20 is perfect to me) and it finally removes stacks of doom, forever. Realism Invictus merged with UPT limit would be the best Civ IV mod out there.

I totally agree there is a real need to limit the stacks to eliminate the Stack of Doom. Hope someone is listening!

I've found few old threads about limiting number of units but I doubt I'll be able to do anything myself since I have only experience in tweaking the XML values. But if I manage to get anything working I'll let you know.

I think he just meant to point out (once again) that there won't be any more major changes happening in the mod, such as merging it with something else surely would be.

Top Bottom