Who wants to make a Tiberium Universe mod with me?

Mr_blbshrtz

Chieftain
For Civ 5, I got started on a Tiberium mod, but eventually stopped because I couldn't get a crucial part of my code working. Here's what I managed to do:

1- Tiberium spreads in varying densities.
2- Tiles with Tiberium on can be harvested. This provides a varying amount of production to the nearest city depending on how dense the tiberium contamination was on that tile

what I couldn't get working:
3- The Tiberium based economy: The idea is that (at least initially) Tiberium is harvested in one or two key locations, and being the main source of production (city's production per turn massively nerfed), trade routes would carry this production from city to city. Hence, tiberium supply lines would need to defended, enemy supply lines would be targeted- strategic attacks could render huge proportions of the enemies cities non productive. Would need to provide an incentive for dispersal of tiberium via trade routes- for example (just an idea): cities can only use a certain amount of production per turn (this would increase by constructing buildings).

For point 3, I ended up writing about 500ish lines of lua which would turn out to not work :twitch:. The mod in it's current state is attached

I have a document which outlined the exact algorithm I'd use for tiberium dispersal via trade routes (it had to be calculated city by city in a specific order- or it wouldn't be accurate):
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MIFeWJOTjEIcjfIuiQPehzZJXWN5PMBKJE4cioBmSt0/edit?usp=sharing

I'm not looking to hand off the mod. If time permits, I'd like to stay active in the mod- but it's clear I lack the programming skills to do this on my own.

I also had a google doc outlining my vision for what the mod might end up becoming:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DBWuw-zTFeaYepRj5VnYkBBeYZlmwuv8pMTDO34Bm6s/edit?usp=sharing

Hope there are some takers.

Attachments

• Fiveout Mod (v 1).rar
    16.2 KB · Views: 56
Wow... you seriously read my mind with this. The whole miasma thing of BE would fit with Tiberium Universe mod. Although to do it would be heavy and take a bit. As for a suggestion on the code, I'd suggest having someone take a look at it and see if you can get help with it.

Made one in Civ5 and plan to for BE as well. Should be pretty easy since they added the ability to actually add resources to tile with one of the satellites. Nukes and Ion Cannon shouldn't be too difficult as well.

My mod will be like the old one and benefit from Civ BE and not be a total conversion since I have no experience in models.

I just plan to slowly tackle it one hexagon at a time.

I've edited the first post with links to the old WIP (broken) mod, and the doc outlining the algorithm for determining trade route dependency.

Top Bottom