Command and Conquer Planning Thread

Fair enough, Civ 4, 5, 6 modding is way more difficult than Civ 3, 2, and 1 so Goodluck Finding that Civ passion again.

If you have published it at least others had a chance to look into your stuff. I strongly suggest to upload it even though it's far from ready. Someone may pick it up and start working on it.

Either way I am going to leave CIV for a couple years.
Where are you going? C&C rts? Humankind? Just curious 🙂

Oh, BTW. Do you remember that I suggested/requested a modcomp that changes music playlist according to peace or war? Did you finish that? Is it available somewhere?

Most likely nothing. I think that I am going to devote more of my free time to things outside of the house and away from a keyboard for a while.

If you have published it at least others had a chance to look into your stuff. I strongly suggest to upload it even though it's far from ready. Someone may pick it up and start working on it.

Oh, BTW. Do you remember that I suggested/requested a modcomp that changes music playlist according to peace or war? Did you finish that? Is it available somewhere?
Does Civ 4 even have as much dedicated modders or playerbase compared to Civ 5, 6 or even 3? I didn't bother to check.

I would say IV has the most out of any of the games in the series, yes.

I wonder how many players and modders Civ5 or 6 will have when they will be as old as Civ4 now.

I'm also curious if all the hype around Civ5, Civ6, Humankind, Millennia, Ara, etc settles will there be a renaissance for Civ4?
Will it be like HoMM3? When players hear 'Heroes of Might and Magic' most of them think of HoMM3.
I think Civ4 is the same.

Civ2 has more mods and (used to have) more modders than any other Civ game due to its accessibility. However yes when looking at just the modernish Civ games nothing comes close to Civ4's large amount of total conversion mods and community. There's not a huge amount of total conversion mods for 5 and 6 due to the difficulties in modding them.

Ironically as far as I know through my search & preservation projects no one successfully completed a Command & Conquer or Red Alert scenario for Civ4 sadly though. I'm working on Command & Conquer Africa and Red Alert 2 Siege of New York scenarios for good old Civ2 though.

Last edited:
What kind of help do you need exactly? You're talking of XML: do you just need a hand to bring your spreadsheets in XML, or is it a matter of filling the gapes in your game concepts?
If it's about copying your texts files in XML files, I can help.

Top Bottom