Who wants to play by Email

[GR]Ishtari

Grim Reaper
The new PTW addon sounds good... But... for someone like me way over here in New Zealand, really be able to play all the multi versons.. because of the lag time... noticeing that when i play OFP with players overseas.. they boot me cuz of the lag.. So is their anyone anywhere who want to play E mail Multi, or am i wasting my money, Because thats the only reason i would buy it..:crazyeye: So im wanting to here from other users who whould be interested is this type of game,:sniper:

I eagerly look forward to playing by email. Go ahead and buy it; you will have at least one competitor...

I will try it, don't know if I'll play mostly by PBEM though, I'll probably play alot of si-move if it isn't too buggy.

CG

To Cgannon64.. living in the states would be good for that type of gameing tho.. but for me... not having the time to sit down for long periods of time can put it at the back of things to do

I would consider PBEM to be the new version of single player. Of course I will be trying all of the other options, but PBEM games will be important to me because 1. my favorite opponent in all games, my brother, works alot and can't schedule time for a sit down full game, and 2. only PBEM will replicate the original single player experience but in multiplayer format.

The only problem I have with PBEM is those initial thousand years when not much happens each turn (especially turn two: move scout if you got it, worker still building road, click enter)

The two problems with PBEM: 1) No ingame email system, makes emailling alot longer. 2) Multiply number turns (540) by players per turn. That is ALOT of emails! Games would stretch on for months, which is why I might not play it.

CG

Sultan.. thats true.. but hey.. just wait to the good bits.... sitting their,, planing and plotting... checking evey little detail.. try to outwitt ya human enemys....better than trying to keep up with someone whos got better hand and eye skills.. when this is a mind game...

No question. Looking forward to all of it.

Cgannon64... im not going anywhere... and well good to sit down for a half hour and plan you turn then rush thro it.. but i would if i could hav a bash at the other Multis.. but the lagg would be so big.. i would be conqour with out seeing it happen..:)

Cgannon64... im not going anywhere... and well good to sit down for a half hour and plan you turn the rush thro it.. but i would if i could hav a bash at the other Multis.. but the lagg would be so big.. i would be conqour with out seeing it happen..:)

How is diplomacy done? Does the computer handle it? This to me is the biggest question about PBEM.

(GR) ISTAN:

I'll play anyone in PBEM so I think you may be my second MP game after I take care of Sultan, that is.... Or perhaps we could all play in the same game, would be very interesting....

I'll probably give it a bash, as having only dial-up (no laughing please SirJethro) makes it rather difficult to play in real-time online.

Architect: Thats my biggest worry... how does that work.. havn't found much info on such matters.. But Lt. Killer'M might know the way..:) follow him..

As you can see. im on dail up to.. i doubled up on a message.. dam internet..baahhhhh

Mad bomber... thats what im hopeing, is to get a few pp togeather.. for Email game when it comes up...A rolling stone gathers no moss.

Originally posted by Sultan Bhargash
The only problem I have with PBEM is those initial thousand years when not much happens each turn (especially turn two: move scout if you got it, worker still building road, click enter)

The first hundred turns will go slow. Based on experience with other PBEM games, either play a more developed scenario or arrange a time of an hour or so to do a bunch of real quick turn around turns.

Originally posted by Architect
How is diplomacy done? Does the computer handle it? This to me is the biggest question about PBEM.

They said that you get to do dipomacy but it can take multiple turns. I'd suggest putting the text of your offers and counter-offers in the e-mail.

That would be a good idea Warp... lot more sneaky and fun..moohoo aha

"They said that you get to do dipomacy but it can take multiple turns. I'd suggest putting the text of your offers and counter-offers in the e-mail."

I will gladly take a PBEM challenge, [GR]Ishtari. No worries:) Especially short scenarios may be cool to PBEM.

If you want to play real time, you could always find opponents in Tonga, Vanuatu, etc.:)

Top Bottom