1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Who will be released next after Sumeria?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by XboxAddict77, Sep 26, 2016.

?

Who will be revealed next after Sumeria?

Poll closed Oct 4, 2016.
  1. Russia

136 vote(s)
    57.6%
  2. Arabia

70 vote(s)
    29.7%
  3. Multiple Leaders/Gorgo

5 vote(s)
    2.1%
  4. Poland

14 vote(s)
    5.9%
  5. Other

11 vote(s)
    4.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nightsong

Nightsong Warlord

With the NDA dropping on Thursday (Sept. 29th), I'm thinking we will see Arabia tomorrow (Tuesday, Sept. 27th) and then Russia the day after (Wednesday, Sept. 28th). As to why I think Russia will be the last one revealed... America was the very first civilization shown for VI, it would be a nice nod to history to start and end the civilization reveals with what are considered the two modern day (post 1950's) superpowers (America and Russia).

Unless of course Firaxis has taken out two civilizations from the press build that will be shown in multiple gameplay videos on the 29th. But that would just be silly and strange.

2. Jabulani

Jabulani Warlord

Russia will have Cosak soldiers and Arabia oil wells bonus, what is your guess ?

3. Guandao

Guandao Rajah of Minyue and Langkasuka

The oil wells bonus only reflects modern Arabia, but not medieval Arabia. :(

4. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

I'm hoping Russia has the T-34 instead of Cossacks and a science focus and Arabia has a Culture/Religion focus and Mamluk Cavalry instead of Camel Archers

5. MistyRonin

MistyRonin Warlord

Well a tank unique unit would be nice, so far all the other civs will use a Sherman tank which is gonna be a bit boring. Although if we can have both, better (one maybe as leader unique unit like TR).

If Saladin, who was a warmonger Islamic zealot , is indeed the Arabic leader I'm afraid the civ is going to be focused on Jihad. But I wish at some point they will add a culture-focused leader.

6. Haig

Haig Deity

I'd love to have another espionage-civ besides France.

Russia could work with some intelligence agency, and Arabia could have bonus based on hashashins, although it could be a stretch.

7. Krik_IDDQD

Krik_IDDQD Chieftain

Russia will be revealed on Thursday, because in Moscow will start IgroMir. I think it's will be latest revealed civ and Arabia will be announced earlier (tomorrow? on Wednesday?).

8. Xur

Xur Prince

This is like picking dudes for a football team back in school - the two last (russia and arabia) are the two scrubs no one wants to play with in real life :)

Anyway, I hope that Russia will focus on culture and navy based on a quick wiki read about Peter. That would be something new for that civ at least.

Dunno what to expect from Arabia - doesn't interest me at all. I'd much rather have more "modern" civs to fill in the world map; Australia, Canada, Argentina, Colombia, Venezuela, Peru, Korea, Indonesia and about 5+ african civs.

I'm from a European country that isn't in the game, and I don't care - we have enough European civs.

9. Lucius_

Lucius_ King

I'll pretend this poll doesn't say tomorrow. Next civ will be Russia.

10. joncnunn

joncnunn Senior Java Wizard Moderator

Moderator Action: Thread title and poll changed to "Who will be released next after Sumeria?"

11. Ebrim

Ebrim Warlord

Arabia will be next. Maybe they'll have a Hajj bonus that gives tourism from other civs/city states following your religion.

12. joncnunn

joncnunn Senior Java Wizard Moderator

Religious pilgrimages are not unique to Arabia though.

Christmas in Bethlehem
    Passover in Jerusalem
    Easter in Jerusalem

13. Magil

Magil Monarch

Playing the longshot on Gorgo, even though I really doubt it'll happen next.

14. Ebrim

Ebrim Warlord

True but the scale is entirely different.

15. BrokenSky

BrokenSky Warlord

recon Multiple leaders will be the last thing to be announced.

16. God of Kings

God of Kings Ruler of all heads of state

Electronics factories are not unique to Japan and yet, Japan's unique building is the electronics factory.

17. Big J Money

Big J Money Emperor

It'll be the civet. Can you imagine how funny it would be if they did a video of the civet, though?

18. AntoineS

AntoineS Chieftain

Saladin should have a holy war related ability, if only for his win at the Hattin battle
    Arabia´s UU should be the Camel Archer
    Arabia´s UB will be the Madrassa as it has already been "leaked", which I guess will repalce the temple and grant science bonuses
    Finally Arabia should be yet another civ to receive trade bonuses somehow (as well as maybe boosts to desert and oil tiles)

What do you think, does that seem complete?.... also, as I voted Russia and unless they release DLC content info prior to the final civs, Arabia should be up next

19. D712

D712 Queen

Fairly certain Gorgo will be announced last, as a final debut.

20. UnknownHuman

UnknownHuman Chieftain

My guess for Arabia:
    They can spread their religion through trade routes, so they’ll be the only one able to spread it passively, and have one extra trade route.
    Saladin will have a Jihad ability, so more combat strength near cities converted to his religion or something else related to the idea of Jihad.
    Madrasa will either be a replacement for temple or university, my guess is the university because it fit better the theme and because we don’t have unique building or district for the campus yet, while most other districts have something unique, and the Madrasa will give a bonus in science.
    I’d like to see Mamluk cavalry, because the less horse archers we have the better it will be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.