1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Whole Empire challenge

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Rhye's and Fall of Civilization' started by Lokolus, Nov 11, 2007.

1. killerkebab

killerkebab Prince

I always thought the UHVs were designed in a way that you had to take your civ to slightly greater heights than it really achieved in history - i.e: As Germany take all of Europe.

Has anyone managed a full USSR empire?

2. AnotherPacifist

AnotherPacifist Deity

3. BurnEmDown

BurnEmDown Emperor

Sorry, he didn't get enough Polish lands, doesn't count ;)

4. Tibur753

Tibur753 Leigonary

Here is alexander's empire minus india in turn 119 (325BC). I got pretty unlucky with Persia and was losing a lot of battles at good odds (I don't reload.). If I try again, I might be able to get it about ten turns earlier and take part of India, too.

Attached Files:

5. blizzrd

blizzrd Micromanager

What did you do with your second settler? Did it found Alexandraeia? Why not Chalkedon (personal favourite), or at least Byzantion?

6. Tibur753

Tibur753 Leigonary

I was playing a game as Greece and not going for the UHV so I didn't found Chalkedon because it would flip to the the Turks before I had a chance to take them out as soon as they spawn. Otherwise, I normally would have founded it as it is an excellent production city. Now that you mention that I might try another with Chalkedon and see how early I can get it. I expect that it should almost double the amount of phalanxes I could use against Persia.

7. Tibur753

Tibur753 Leigonary

I just finished another game for Alexander the Great's Empire. This time I used Chalkedon and was able to conquer Persia on turn 102(580BC) and pushed on to India, taking Harrapa (Talkshashila) in turn 114(400BC) and thus reaching the banks of the Indus river as Alexander did. I don't think that I was particularly lucky in this game either. With the help of Chalkedon, I had a modest stack of ten phalanxes before Persia had the time to amass much of a defense other then their starting units and they only had three cities. I healed my army for a few turns and sent a stack of about ten phalanxes (reinforcements arrive every other turn or so.) to attack Harrapa. The RNG really screwed me here because they only had 2 archers and a warrior and they beat my whole stack. I eventually was able to take the city with the few reinforcements that I could get there as my units were on strike and Rome had declared war near the end.

Attached Files:

8. BurnEmDown

BurnEmDown Emperor

Funny tho, that in both games you didn't settle Macedon :).

9. Hangly Man

Hangly Man Warlord

You mean attack Ethiopia and lose?

10. Rhye

Rhye 's and Fall creator

11. ezinter

ezinter Chieftain

Another thing with the Mongol empire is razing or vassalizing SE Asia, sacking of Delhi, and controlling Damascus, vassalizing or controling Ottoman Turkey (Timur saved Byzantium by capturing Ottoman Sultan) also invasions towards Egypt and Vienna

12. kairob

kairob Biohazard

I still think Mongols would be best represented, in the west, at least as a huge horde of barbs followed by a code x turns later flipping all barb units and cities to the Mongol civ. As at least the barbs are violent enough...

13. Cethegus

Cethegus King

I agree.

14. xcrissxcrossx

xcrissxcrossx Prince

I've gotten close with portugal. I colonized most of the empire except for the two spots by thailand and the smaller islands, and newfoundland. I wasn't actually going for this challenge though so i quit after i got 15 colonies.

15. CivFanaticMan

CivFanaticMan Warlord

I would like to see some one achieve a historical Rome size by 200 A.D. This means all the area from the UHV and Egypt, Greece, Anatolia, and Mesopotamia. First person to do it gets... I guess a lot of pride. When i get BTS in a few days I'm going to try it.

16. BurnEmDown

BurnEmDown Emperor

I think it's been done in the BC's already.

17. lumpthing

lumpthing generic lump

Been talking about that very subject myself

I've been trying to get the 14 AD historical Roman empire size by 14 AD. Pretty much impossible, but you can close enough to make you keep trying, and trying, and trying. I've now realized it was an addiction which was destroying my life so I've given up.

18. Zagoroth

Zagoroth Prince

It depends on what you are trying to do. If you want to control all their land it is quite easy and I have numerous times written the strategy on this forum. If you want to have your cultural borders cover all the land they historically owned, it is much harder (and possibly impossible).

19. BakingTheArt

BakingTheArt His Evening Coat

I played a game a few days ago as England where I settled:
    South Canada: Montreal, Halifax, Vancouver, and something somewhere in Manitoba - possibly Winnipeg.
    South Africa: Durban, Cape Town, and East London
    Australia: I settled it, but not filled it out - Sydney, Perth, Darwin (I think), and Hobart
    Most of India: All I can really remember is Madras, sorry. I did conquer Bombay, though. Redcoats just marched in the undefended city
    Parts of South China: I brought too many redcoats to just protect Australia, and the French were tired of supporting me, so I needed some quick pillaging cash. I razed a city in the south and captured Hangzhou (My income actually went up with it due to a grocer, market, and a bank miraculously surviving).

At this point I was planning on invading Egypt to finish it off, but my troops began to go on strike around 1850 so I called it off to grant independence to everything but South Africa and Australia, which brought me back up to running a profit at 30%. So, I was close.

20. ICNP

ICNP The Third Superpower

My Ottoman Empire (Monarch) contained Berlin, Rome, Brest Litovsk, Kilia, Athens, Parsa, a city NE of Parsa, Mecca, Trebizond, and I USED to own Egypt until they respawned. Plus Inca as a vassal.

And I STILL didn't get the UHV (I have no idea which one they faulted me on, I had Montenegro and Budapest in Balkans, 3 cities bordering the Black Sea, and there wasn't any other cities outside of southern Arabia that I didn't own in the Near East. Although I wasn't looking forward to getting 3 vassals with all of the good ones picked up.