WHoward's Pick 'N' Mix Mods for Beyond Earth

Thank you! :)
This makes the game all that more interesting.

The only thing I wish for are when units has been given the go-to command, and Im not sure witch unit are walking into an ambush.

Edit: To be accurate: I wish to see where my units with go-to command given, are heading. The end point and estimated route to target.

I'm just starting to use some of these mods - thanks very much for doing them. It was easy enough to install them with your instructions, but I'm curious - is there a reason you haven't got them up on the Steam Workshop? That's the first place I went for mods until I saw the Artifact and Alien info ones in a Let's Play by quill18 on YouTube and had to search more broadly.

Also, I think I've found a bug when using the Map Pins mod - when I close the list of pins, it also makes the tech progress display on the top left corner disappear, and I haven't found how to get it back, save for a reload. I am using a few mods at the same time, so there might be a clash - does anyone else have this problem, or have an idea how to fix it?

These mods look amazing! Does anyone have any knowledge of them not playing well with any other mods? I am thinking of running WHoward's mods with New Horizons, and am hoping they will play well together.

Would it be possible to make "City Expansion" and "City Working Distance" mods like you've done for civ5? I'm a big fan of those. I've played with them for WAY too long and now that I've moved on to BE, I'm really starting to understand how bad is it to play without them..

Just wondering if we can get a Rising Tides update for the "General - Change Planetfall" mod, as it currently seems to have an issue loading textures for the Primordial Biome...

Actually several of the ui mods are causing texture load errors at the moment. Most and can skip past and still play the game, though. They seem to be consistently choking on a texture file called ButtonFrame45 or something similar. So far I've been able confirm that small resource icons, the quests related to stations and something else related to stations (still testing, my best guess is the trade route ui mod) are having this problem. Notification options is causing some weirdness in the bottom right of the screen when there is anything there other than end turn or unit has movement options. I'll screen shot when I can. On my phone at the moment (sorry about any auto correct fails).

NEXT DAY EDIT: The file on the texture load error is 45x45FrameButton.dds. It's definitely coming up from Small Resource Icons, the Stations Quest mod, and the map pins (I'm assuming connected to something WHoward said upthread that I can only vaguely recall at the moment). THe trade route UI mod causes me to not be able to pick a trade route at all. One of the other UI mods is also causing the texture load error but I still can't pin down which one. It pops up when new stations are discovered.

I'm going to try one more round of tests while these are still the only mods I have installed but I've been swapping them out one at a time and still having a hard time chasing down those texture errors. I think I'm only running into some of them due to triggering via in game events and quests. And in any case they are super easy to work around. Close error box (several times in a row if need be) and ALT-TAB a couple of times to get the mouse cursor back in the game window.

You say in the topic post that you will consider requests, but that a DLL change is a no-go.
I want to create a sponsor that has their bonuses based on the Blackmarket yields, but I currently don't see a table or set of tables in the playerperks xml that will allow that.

Does that require a new dll to fix?

I don't think Whoward is paying any attention to this. You're probably better asking elsewhere. As far as I know he hasn't worked on beyond earth in a long time

I don't think Whoward is paying any attention to this.

I've not been receiving email notifications :(

Rarely play Civ:BE any more - without the DLL source code there seems little point ...

Also, NONE of my mods have been updated for Civ:BERT, and I'd be very surprised if they worked with it.

Sorry, too much to do, too little time to do it in

I've just about finished upgrading all my mods to CivBE:RT (if anyone is still reading these forums!)

Thanx for the update to your mods! It was a happy surprise in my mailbox when I got an alert stating that this thread had been updated.

Civ:BE part of my web site has been updated with the mods that are now compatible with Civ:BERT (new ones are in red)

• FireTuner - Icon Viewer (throws an error about a missing texture, but functional)

• GamePlay - Alien XP Level 3
  • GamePlay - Alien XP Level 4
  • GamePlay - Alien XP Level 5
  • GamePlay - Alien XP Level 6
  • GamePlay - Fortify Almost Healed

• General - Change Planetfall
  • General - Live Unlocker
  • General - Notify Affinity Change
  • General - Random City Names

• Notifications - Deorbited Units
  • Notifications - Next Trait
  • Notifications - Trade Unit Killed

• Quests - Headquarters Affinity
  • Quests - Marvel Majority
  • Quests - Research Relics
  • Quests - Stations - Accept, Delay or Deny

• UI - Artifact Combinations
  • UI - Auto Map Pins
  • UI - City Cachement
  • UI - City Queue Manager
  • UI - Colony Log
  • UI - Colony Overview
  • UI - Energy Alerts
  • UI - Info Aliens
  • UI - Info Artefacts
  • UI - Info Clock
  • UI - Info Marvels
  • UI - Map Pins And Labels
  • UI - Notification Options
  • UI - Small Resource Icons

• Utils - Tabulated Building Quests

• Victories - Automated Exodus Gate

The following mods have not (yet) been ported to Civ:BERT, so will only work on Civ:BE

• FireTuner - Texture Viewer (only contains Civ:BE textures, but might still work with Civ:BERT)
  • UI - Colony Rankings (this will require a complete rewrite that I just don't have the time for)
  • UI - Trade Route Manager (this will require a complete rewrite that I just don't have the time for)

Top Bottom