WHoward's Pick 'N' Mix Mods for Beyond Earth

Is it possible to create a mod like your great civ5mod "no more civilian traffic jam" for BE? This would be...great!:goodjob:

Not at the moment, as that's one of the many that requires a modded DLL

(And the original code was by Pazyryk by the way)

Hey whoward, is it possible to have the City Working Distance available to BE? Or is it only available with lua? I can't remember.

UI - TRM teaser :D

Spoiler :

Concise - ~20 routes vs 7
Clear - no more doing maths in your head and forgetting which routes "negatives"
Sortable - click on any column header within the 4 categories to sort on that column

Attachments

• TRM_Teaser.png
    TRM_Teaser.png
    155.8 KB · Views: 899
UI - Trade Route Manager

Makes picking a new / keeping the old trade route a more informed (and easier) decision

• Each trade route takes a single line - approx. three times as many routes per scroll page
  • Additional Total Yield (food and prod) and Delta Yield (sci and energy) columns - for those (like me) too lazy to do the maths
  • Civ, City Name, Destination Yields, Origin Yields, Total Yields and Delta Yields columns are all sortable. Sort order is remembered
  • Current route blindingly obvious and will always be in the first section
  • Click to select trade route, shift click to select without the annoying prompt, right-click to centre map on destination
  • Mouse over to highlight route hexes, and also bring up the old style (multi-lined) route description

Default listing - by civ, by city - the one that the standard UI displays

Click the column header to sort by that column (in this case net science gain, secondary sort is automatically set to net energy gain)

Spoiler :

Looks like I need to change the current route as there are better options (for what I want to achieve - highest net gain)

But if you don't care what you're giving away and just want the max science, click again to sort by inbound science

Attachments

• UI_TRM_Teaser1.png
    UI_TRM_Teaser1.png
    143 KB · Views: 1,258
  • UI_TRM_Teaser2.png
    UI_TRM_Teaser2.png
    138.9 KB · Views: 1,280
  • UI_TRM_Teaser3.png
    UI_TRM_Teaser3.png
    157.9 KB · Views: 1,266
I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve

Hopefully it'll be ready before then!

(Just added a third screen shot to show sorting by inbound science and the mouse-over tooltip with the old style route details in.)

Quickie random mod thought:

Set automated workers to only build improvements without maintenance costs.

Alternate: improvement priority list, that's walked down until one is found that is valid for the terrain.

Alternate: improvement priority (optionally a list) for automated workers to only build that type of improvement until I say otherwise.

Something like these would let me manage a few workers for the notable tiles, and let some automated workers handle the bulk of the tedium.

Tired of having a landscape full of terrascapes unless I manage every single worker.

Not sure if this would require DLL changes, or something. Perhaps you'll think of some variation that solves the issue another way.

Or perhaps not. Just throwing it out there. :)

Unfortunately you hit the nail on the head - "not sure if this would require DLL changes" - as all the builder recommendation logic is in the DLL.

The one I really want to be able to do (and never solved for CivV) is to be able to "pin" workers to a city - so they never wander from one side of the map to the other just to discover that a local worker has built the auto-suggestion improvement, just to wander all the back from whence they came - and never actually do any work!

UI - Trade Route Manager V1 Beta is now available

So far I've only tested this with picking internal and international trade routes in the middle of a game (but there's no reason why outpost and station trade routes shouldn't work). That is, I haven't (yet) started a new game with it when I only have a few trade units and outposts to send them to!

Does NOT affect saved games - you can enable this mod and load a saved game, or if it doesn't work for you, you can save the game, disable the mod, and restart with the old trade route picker.

Grasping at straws here...

What about a second unit that is like a worker but only capable of building basic improvements (farms, mines, and any resource-associated ones)?

I could set those to automate and still have a couple standard workers to do the rest.

Perhaps I'll finally have to dig into the dataset to understand what's actually possible... I've been resisting that temptation for years now :p

Edit: and now I want to get off the forums and try the trade route mod :D

but there's no reason why outpost and station trade routes shouldn't work

Famous last words! Uploaded V2 to fix several bugs with outpost and station trade route display/selection

hey man awesome mods! you should be picked up by Firaxis and show them what we want to our game!.

is there any way to be able to play this on MP games?

whoward69,

Do you know if its possible to change the grid like straight edge city borders to those found in Civ5 which are more curved?

whoward69,

Do you know if its possible to change the grid like straight edge city borders to those found in Civ5 which are more curved?

I don't know for sure, but the answer is probably "no" - as the obvious place to change it (highlights.xml) doesn't define the city edge style.

UI - Notification Options

Permits notifications to be turned off for the current game or for all games.

Also provides a modular way of replacing functionality of existing notifications and adding new ones.

Replaces the standard city growth notification (pop 5 or less) with one that triggers for every population growth

Adds a notification when a new tile is acquired by an outpost or city

Attachments

• UINotifyOptions01.png
    UINotifyOptions01.png
    281.8 KB · Views: 851
  • UINotifyOptions02.png
    UINotifyOptions02.png
    109.1 KB · Views: 855
Top Bottom