WHoward's Pick 'N' Mix Mods for Beyond Earth

UI - Info Artefacts

Adds an "Artefacts" entry on the Top Panel.

Hovering over the entry shows how many artefact sites and resource pods you know about on the map

Click the entry highlights them all - use the next/prev arrows to recentre the map

Attachments

• UIInfoArtefacts01.jpg
    UIInfoArtefacts01.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 1,664
  • UIInfoArtefacts02.jpg
    UIInfoArtefacts02.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 1,631
I'd love to see a mod that activates the singleplayer AI for use in multiplayer.

Excited to see where you can go with BE WHoward. Even your smaller changes to Civ5 substantially altered the gameplay experience -- Pick n Mix turned one game in to hundreds of very different experiences.

I was a big fan of your UI mods (never played without small resource icons). The production window in particular was a favourite, but there was always one small thing I wished it could do.... would it be possible to make clicking on the buildings in the panel bring up the floating "choose building" window that you get when clicking directly on the building icon on a city top panel? It would be SUPER useful to be able to quickly switch the production of multiple cities from a single panel, rather than having to navigate to each city individually to access production.

General - Change Planetfall

Permits the planetfall location to be rotated among some of those available.

To use all available locations, edit the UI/GeneralChangePlanefall.lua file
Code:
-- Set this to true to choose any planetfall location, and not just a sub-set
local bAllLocations = true

would it be possible to make clicking on the buildings in the panel bring up the floating "choose building" window that you get when clicking directly on the building icon on a city top panel?

Pretty sure I know what you mean, v3 of "UI - Colony Overview" uploaded (post #4)

UI - City Cachement

Displays the city limits and a list of resoures and terrain types within them

During planetfall
Spoiler :

With a colonist selected
Spoiler :

Attachments

• CityCachement01.jpg
    CityCachement01.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 1,701
  • CityCachement02.jpg
    CityCachement02.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 1,734
Are you able to make a mod that applies Retrograde Thrusters to Stations? (i.e so you can choose where they land?).

I always have my colonist enroute to a destination, only for a Station to pop up exactly in my desired location.

Looking forward to use UI - City Cachement :)

Why, why aren't all this something we can control in the Option Menu of the Vanilla game??
You make it look so easy with your mods, and i don't understand why they didn't give us all this small options.
Because when we are playing the game we like, we can forget Steam achievements.
The game has soon been out there a month, the community has provided us humble gamers with over 200 mods, and I'm running at the moment nearly 20!! Why don't they nail it at Launch? Or at least give us an idea of DLC in the near future, with stuff they like to implement?

*shaking head*
Sorry for whining... :(
You are giving me the game I somehow expected when I bought it...

Looking forward to use UI - City Cachement :)
I've fixed the two bugs I'd spotted - reporting on ruins, etc as resources and terrain of tiles you can't see - and in final testing ... except I've just been side-tracked by TPangolin's question about stations, as it just hit me during testing!

The game has soon been out there a month, the community has provided us humble gamers with over 200 mods
Which makes me wonder why the Frankenstein group don't catch some of these

Are you able to make a mod that applies Retrograde Thrusters to Stations? (i.e so you can choose where they land?).

I always have my colonist enroute to a destination, only for a Station to pop up exactly in my desired location.

I don't think choosing the tile is possible, but I'm looking at a third option "Ummmm, let me think about that (delay X turns)" - which should at least let the colonist get where it's going and found the outpost!

That's a great idea :)

Anyway, the game keeps putting stations in extremely desirable/fertile locations. Maybe there is a way that makes them only settle in the least fertile places :p

That's a great idea :)

Anyway, the game keeps putting stations in extremely desirable/fertile locations. Maybe there is a way that makes them only settle in the least fertile places :p

Unfortunately the code to place the station is in the DLL. The ones that really annoy me are those placed one tile inland, so you can't get a sea trade route to them!

Something to add to the list of stuff to look at when (if) Firaxis release the DLL source code.

Quests - Stations - Accept, Delay or Deny

When a request for a station charter is received, you have a third option to delay the decision for five turns

This should give you time to move any in transit colonists into position and settle them!

After the delay, you can now accept one of the stations or reject both (you cannot delay again)

The quest manager tracks your choices

(Minor bug with missing text has been fixed)
(The shown delay of two turns is a debug/testing value - the true value is five turns)

If either station is auto-founded, or a charter for one of them is accepted by the AI, during the delay, the quest should fail, but I've been unable to test/confirm this.

Attachments

• CharterAcceptDelayDeny03.jpg
    CharterAcceptDelayDeny03.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 1,545
  • CharterAcceptDelayDeny02.jpg
    CharterAcceptDelayDeny02.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 1,535
  • CharterAcceptDelayDeny01.jpg
    CharterAcceptDelayDeny01.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 1,524
  • CharterAcceptDelayDeny04.jpg
    CharterAcceptDelayDeny04.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 1,671
UI - Colony Rankings

Rank your colony against the others on the planet on overall score, food, production, energy, science, culture, wonders and military might

Adds a "Colony Rankings" option to the Extras menu

To display various ranked criteria, for example, overall score and health

Attachments

• ColonyRankings01.jpg
    ColonyRankings01.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 1,320
  • ColonyRankings02.jpg
    ColonyRankings02.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 1,335
  • ColonyRankings03.jpg
    ColonyRankings03.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 1,383
General - Change Planetfall

Permits the planetfall location to be rotated some of among those available

been waiting for this finally.

is it possible to make a mod that warns you if you haven't bought an earthling settler through from the exodus gate in your turn or even have them come in automatically? i keep forgetting to click the damn thing..

Nice! I've been using this one quite a bit now.

Are you also able to create something that gets rid of Terrascapes from the Automated improvements that workers build? (or at least prioritizes unimproved resources first)?

Top Bottom