Why can I only see the bread sources in my city view?

UltraMind

Chieftain
Did I stroke the wrong key combination because I can't see the hammers or coins from the spots that are supposed to produce them in my city view? Or is this because I'm running Wine?
That's Wine 3.02 in Ubuntu 16.04 64-bit.
This also bring me to the questions of a patch. When I click "check for update" I'm told I have the latest version, but I don't trust that completely. According to the about screen:
Civ Version: 174
Save Version: 103
Build Version: 1.7.4.0

Attachments

• bad_civ4_city_view.png
    bad_civ4_city_view.png
    877.6 KB · Views: 188
One of the icons (buttons) in the lower right corner toggles the hammers and coins off and on. Point to them one at a time and the popups will tell you what they do. When you find the right one, click it. There is also a key command to do the same thing but I don't use it, so I don't know it offhand. You probably either clicked the button by accident or entered the key command.

As far as the patches go, the "check for update" no longer works. It is left over from when the game was new. The site it accesses no longer exists. You have to apply patches manually. You can download them from the Civ4 download section of the forum. However, for the basic game, which you are playing, version 1.7.4.0 is the latest and probably last update patch. The extensions to the game, "Warlords" and "Beyond the Sword" must be purchased separately. They then have update patches in the download section as well.

Which buttons and on what screen? The only bread, hammer and coin buttons I see are on the city screen and they control emphasis, not the display.

The main screen should have six buttons in the right lower corner immediately above the mini-map and to the right of the end turn button. The one that you want looks like a coin, a hammer, and a bread slice overlapping one another. If they are not there, then there is something wrong with your game installation.

Oh, you mean the single button that has a hammer, bread and coin on it, on the world map. Well, that one doesn't affect the city view, but it didn't look too good on the world map either.
Funny thing is, I have seen the coins and hammers before. But that was probably an earlier version of Wine. :(

Attachments

• civ4_world_map_screen.png
    civ4_world_map_screen.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 230
Top Bottom