1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

why cant i declare war

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Strategy & Tips' started by christopher1234, Jan 2, 2011.

1. christopher1234

christopher1234 Warlord

i want to declare war but for some reason i think its canceled deals i cant declare because he refuses to speak.

i tried just marching onto his lands and it wont work.i tried alt and right click and it wont work.as of this point i dont know what to do,whats the point of playing this game if i spent the last 30 turns preparing and then cant declare.by the time i am again able to declare by units are outdated.fcuk that siht man,this is nonsense or could it be that my patch has a programming eror or something.

i dont see the sense in such a stupid programme,i mean in real life just because some-one refuses to talk it doesnt mean we cant cant fight.

2. AutomatedTeller

AutomatedTeller Frequent poster

the game enforces peace under some circumstances - demanding tribute, for instance. I've had that happen to me, and it's a pain.

It will just take a few more turns.

3. christopher1234

christopher1234 Warlord

i know it will take a few more turns but i never took tribute thats what bugs me this is a stupid thing.the game developers messed up with this junk.how the hell can i not declare.

for example in this case now i have the biggest population of a certain religion and shaka is about to take a city the apostilic palace and if i can declare and take it before him including one or two more cities then i will totaly control it.thats the point that makes me angry all those turns of diplomatic manouvering and military build up for sweet nothing.

4. lymond

lymond Rise Up! (Phoenix Style!) Hall of Fame Staff

Try alt-clicking on the civ's name on the scoreboard

5. snepp

snepp King

Alt-clicking on the leader name (in the scoreboard) will work so long as there is not a forced peace treaty, otherwise there will be a symbol next to the name.