Why Do People Hate Vista?

Another thing Vista has is much longer lastability, and not just in terms of service patches. Since every retail version comes with the 64-bit version, you can install that later on.
I dont have time to respond to you at the moment Zelig, but Ill come back to your post later
As for you Ghost Ranger: isn't what you've stated obvious? This is the dierection that XP was moving in and failed in, and no crap Vista has longer lastability, its that way not because of the fact that tis 64-bit, but because of the fact that sooner or later, MS is gonna discontinue XP, and OEM's will stop selling it, and everyone will have to switch to VIsta for a few years..

Save some money how? the OEM XP costs 100-120$. By the time Vista becomes necessary, it too will costs as much. Yet, it will also be more stable and more usable. In the end, you will be paying roughly the same, yet saving yourself some headaches.

Yes, because MS makes money from that, Apple does the exact same thing with Leopard, and there's even less of a reason to upgrade from Tiger to Leopard than from XP to Vista.
Well, I would not switch over to a Macintosh unless there are ways to run Windows based Games on it with no problem via a virtualization program. As well as still use my favorate Classic Mac OS virtualization programs (Sheepshaver to virtualize a Power Mac and Mini vMac to virtualize a Macintosh Plus)

The Advantages of Upgrading From Vista To XP

Conclusion

To be honest there is only one conclusion to be made; Microsoft has really outdone themselves in delivering a brand new operating system that really excels in all the areas where Vista was sub-optimal. From my testing, discussions with friends and colleagues, and a review of the material out there on the web there seems to be no doubt whatsoever that that upgrade to XP is well worth the money. Microsoft can really pat themselves on the back for a job well done, delivering an operating system which is much faster and far more reliable than its predecessor. Anyone who thinks there are problems in the Microsoft Windows team need only point to this fantastic release and scoff loudly.

Well done Microsoft!

Disclaimer: i do realize it's a joke, and i actually have vista installed on my computer.

Thats article, while a joke, details all the crap Vista brings to the table. I'd say its pretty damned accurate.

Oh, and to further the point that vista sucks, my work computer crashed last night, and it hasnt booted up since. I have a feeling an install of XP will be in order.

Top Bottom