Why does Greece start on American Continent and not European?

troyaciv

Chieftain
Greetings,

I think this game has some things that need fixing and how they were over looked is beyond me?!

For example... Greece which is a European Civ when doing a game can end up on any type of Continent that they spawn! Why would they do that? Keep China, Japan, Mongolia on the same type of map/continent I'd say.

Last game I checked in World Builder and it had me spawning on an American Type Continent as well as Rome??

Can anyone else see this as a problem or at least put an option under Advanced options letting us choose this?!

Also why do they not tell us what Legendary Start and Stratigic Balance do? Just to name two.

I know I have seen and can say more... but why are there so many simple things wrong with this game?

HELP!

Um, for most people it does not matter, however, you could use a scenario if it matters that much to you ,it is done to add more variety and flavor to the game.
Those two are somewhat self explanatory I thought, at the risk of over explaining, Legendary start means you will have a lot (a legendary amount) of resources at your strating point. Strategic balance means that the resources are strategically balanced, the map is balanced resource wise.

I apologize if I sound sarcastic or rude, but your last sentence kind of put me off, you obviously haven't given this too much thought and are dissing parts of civ that are supposed to be part of it...

Um, for most people it does not matter, however, you could use a scenario if it matters that much to you.
Those two are somewhat self explanatory I thought, at the risk of over explaining, Legendary start means you will have a lot (a legendary amount) of resources at your strating point. Strategic balance means that the resources are strategically balanced, the map is balanced resource wise.

I apologize if I sound sarcastic or rude, but your last sentence kind of put me off, you obviously haven't given this too much thought and are dissing parts of civ that are supposed to be part of it...

Thank you for replying.

1st your not being rude.

On another point of interest I have searched the web for many days looking for a confirmed answer on the Advanced options and resources and starting positions ect.

I guess the team making Civ V just guessed we'd figure it out?! I always like tool tips for my own ease of mind.

Don't get me wrong because I do like the flavor of this game and see the potiental this engine and modding has for this game to develope into a "Block Bluster Classic" yet I feel it was honestly rushed out the door and then tagged with add Civs we know they need and want as DLC so they pay even more!

What really pisses me off now is that if I'd waited I could have got the GOTY version of Civ V with Map packs and extra Civs... Come on Sid bring back the glory of the old days! :)

Blessings!

I thought the map options were rather obvious. And why would I want to always start next to China as Japan etc...? I dont think you know what "America" and "Europe" are for. They are simply tile sets used in order to increase variation in visuals, so each continent looks more unique.

And from what I know, Civ 3 and previous games did not bunch civs together by real world location. I dont get why doing so would bring back Sid days of Civ.

I thought the map options were rather obvious. And why would I want to always start next to China as Japan etc...? I dont think you know what "America" and "Europe" are for. They are simply tile sets used in order to increase variation in visuals, so each continent looks more unique.

And from what I know, Civ 3 and previous games did not bunch civs together by real world location. I dont get why doing so would bring back Sid days of Civ.

Actually I wanted an Advanced option for it.

Actually, Civ3 had a "Culturally Linked Start Locations" option, in which civilizations sharing a common cultural heritage would spawn near each other (e.g. China next to Japan, Mongolia, Korea, etc.)

I always liked this...I think it would be a nice feature to have in Civ5. As well as the appropriate tile set spawning with the appropriate civilizations. :)

Speaking of the advanced options, I'd like to ask people what the different world ages mean.

World age equates to the amount of hills/mountains on the map; the rationale being that an "older" world has been exposed to longer periods of erosion and therefore has less mountainous terrain. :)

Actually, Civ3 had a "Culturally Linked Start Locations" option, in which civilizations sharing a common cultural heritage would spawn near each other (e.g. China next to Japan, Mongolia, Korea, etc.)

I always liked this...I think it would be a nice feature to have in Civ5. As well as the appropriate tile set spawning with the appropriate civilizations. :)

Gold Star! Yes, you understand me perfectly. I knew when I was looking into your Mod threads I was seeing a force to be reckoned with! :scan:

Top Bottom