Why does the AI refuse to make the trade I want?

Pengu

Prince
I just don't get the AI sometimes when it comes to trades. Take my current game.
China had 120 gold and I wanted to trade monotheism for it. I asked what the AI was willing to give and it offered 95 gold and hunting.
I don't want hunting but the AI just refused to trade my tech for just gold. I asked for 110 gold and was refused. I asked for just 95 gold and the AI REFUSED!
If that is not a bug I don't know what to say. It was willing to offer either 90 gold for my tech or 95 gold+hunting..

I've never encountered it myself, but IIRC there is a known bug where the AI will accept a deal generated through the "what will you give me for this" option, but not accept a more generous deal that the player manually put in.

Not sure if the bug is connected to the AI in question being in "financial trouble".

Attach a save from that turn? Otherwise I'm very skeptical. I don't believe I've encountered said bug.

I encounter it all the time. Not sure if it's a bug. I didn't ask anyone because I didn't think anyone could do anything about it.

It's a bug that come up a lot when the AI offers you a deal. Something about calling some function relating to trade with the human AI that borks values. It's related to why the AI will never offer to bribe the player into war, which they totally can do mechanically but just never will.

the end-turn offers are sometimes not quite balanced. eg.: world map for world map once you have more map than they do. or when they gift a tech to you. if this is what happened then I suppose they were offering help or else the AI researched almost all of the tech

I just don't get the AI sometimes when it comes to trades. Take my current game.
China had 120 gold and I wanted to trade monotheism for it. I asked what the AI was willing to give and it offered 95 gold and hunting.
I don't want hunting but the AI just refused to trade my tech for just gold. I asked for 110 gold and was refused. I asked for just 95 gold and the AI REFUSED!
If that is not a bug I don't know what to say. It was willing to offer either 90 gold for my tech or 95 gold+hunting..

I've encountered this several times recently since re-installing the game and switching to the Steam version.

Prior to this, I don't remember encountering this issue a single time in years of playing.

Maybe just a coincidence though.

Top Bottom