Why Does The Game Engine Auto Assign Citizens To Suboptimal Plots?!

OzzyKP

Emperor
Can someone explain why the city picks the 1 food, 3 production tile over the 1 food, 3 production, 2 faith, 2 gold and 1 science tile? Grrr.

Moderator Action: Updated title so subject of thread is more clear.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why? There's no why.

Did you just improve it? I think that the game does the auto-assign at end of turn.

Wonder if it's something new or if I've just been micromanaging tiles more often these days. I just had something similar in my recent game where the auto pick was a 2-food tile when a 2-food, 1-prod tile was available.

Last edited:
I swear I have seen some funky things like this in the recent patch. will keep my eye out for an example to capture

I swear I have seen some funky things like this in the recent patch. will keep my eye out for an example to capture
Here's one from my current game kind of in the same genre:
Spoiler :
upload_2021-3-12_23-20-52.png

Game decides to expand to the 4F rice tile instead of claiming the 6F2P1S hill to the south-east, they are same distance from city centre.

I believe OP was referring to the tiles being worked, not the candidates for expansion. The expansion algorithm is a whole nother thing...it has always preferred flat ground as well as resources so I am not surprised by that choice.

Top Bottom